If I was not on this stage now ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go on then, OTF, what would you have liked to have been, really, if you hadn't dropped out of school or University into the career you've found yourself in now? Forget salaries, or fame, or even the success you have achieved. When they come to write your wikipedia obituary, what would you have liked to be remembered for?

Mine is "the world's most renowned golf historian".

There, I didn't promise it had to be anything earth-shattering.

Were it not for an astounding lack of sticktoitiveness, I'd probably have been a fairly accomplished guitarist. Not in a singer/songwriter kind of way, but in an 'in-demand sideman' kind of way.

Other than that, I'm actually doing what most people knew since grade 3 that I'd be doing. I just took the long way 'round to get here.

Comment

I would have liked to have been a comic book writer/artist, but I don't have the talent for it, and I've come to grips with that.

If I was more athletic, less afraid of death and not as introspective, I'd have liked to have been a professional bad-ass of some kind like James Bond or Jason Bourne, or better yet a guy like that who doesn't work for the government like "ex-CIA, ex-Green Beret, now he plays by his own rules. If you can find him, and you have a problem..." etc.

If I were better with people, it might be cool to be the concierge at a really swank hotel, the sort of guy that can make anything happen for a price - like if somebody needs 10,000 M&Ms but not the green ones, I could be seen in an impeccible suit, completely unflustered, picking up the phone and calmly saying "Is Robert there?" and two minutes later, the degreened M&Ms would be enroute.

Comment

Working...
      X