So, did you get a Valentine then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam, my wife gave me a heart shaped balloon - I played with it for about 45 minutes. Balloons are great, I'm suspicious of anyone who doesn't revert to childlike glee when one is in their vicinity.

Comment

An ex once nicked a whole bunch of Valentine balloons from outside a shop for me

Comment

pebblethefish wrote: I sent several hundred bunches of flowers.

Admittedly that's my job, which does take some of the romance out of it, but at least I got to have a laugh at some of the cheesy card messages, and also get some good blackmail material for those who sent two bunches but to different women.
        Awesome. Cheers the heart that does.

Comment

Valentine's Day has in the past only ever meant Bury beating Manchester City at Maine Road on 14/2/98. A Paul Butler header, a huge LEE OUT banner and a fella running onto the pitch from the Kippax and tearing up his season ticket to cheers from all four sides of the ground.

Yesterday though I got a lovely card from my girlfriend together with one of her hilarious messages. I also got a card from a mystery admirer* which was enough to melt me.

*My girlfriend's nine-year-old daughter, complete with disguised handwriting

Comment

[quote]MsD wrote: An ex once nicked a whole bunch of Valentine balloons from outside a shop for me

Comment

No, and actually I'm wondering now if he didn't actually pay for them and I've misremembered that bit. If he did, if would have been a deal.

Comment

He definitely didn't do it. Stealing them sounds more punk rock I reckon.

Not Valentine related, but when I was a kid my big sister's boyfriend used to pretend to do the same, but with packs of Panini football stickers.

Comment

I don't think he actually claimed to have stolen them, and he didn't need to pretend to be any more dodgy than he was. He went to prison twice. But on the balloons, he may have merely bought them cheaply.

Comment

We don't do valentines day chez the Tiger.
                    That was made very clear to me the first February that P and I were together.
                    It was absolutely fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                    X