"Why can't we do that here?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, it's pretty common, but sadly it's an area few people, especially guys, open up about. The ukpt site had some useful links and advice.

Anyway, back on topic, being able to buy fresh bread from a bakery five minutes walk away for a decent price every morning. French bread that's actually French.

Comment

I wish there were walls in the UK that were square and straight, so you could fit shelves to them that didn't have huge gaps behind at one end or another.

Comment

Whaaat?

Comment

hate to sound sanctimonious, but there is a good proportion of men out there who can't use urinals at all... This condition affects both men and women
          It's true. A lot of women can't use urinals at all.

Comment

La Lanterne Rouge wrote:
            I really wish we could do tolerable hotels at non-extortionate prices. On the rare occasions I'm forced to stay at British hotels I feel a mixture of deep discomfort just because they're so crap, and spectacular embarassment because foreigners come here, get told by British Tourist Agencies how friendly and excellent British hotels and hoteliers are, and then pay £200 a night to stay in a decade old cheap bed covered in polyester chintz, and take a shower which has two modes - superheated dribble and cold dribble. And then get served the greasiest, most cardboardy fried breakfast, get charged another £20 for it, and be made to feel grateful that they got that much.
            Immediately thought of this thread when I saw this earlier today.

Comment

It would be nice if British towns and cities could provide a lot more places to sit down. There's a dreadful shortage of seats in most town centres.

Comment

Free running water for all in public places, like what they do here. That's one really great thing Rome has, public service wise.

Comment

Working...
                X