So Spain then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Spain then

Best government in the EU or economic disaster area?

So Spain then

I looked at Madrid on Google Maps a few months ago and noticed that they built four orbital motorways.

I think the Spanish government is on drugs.

Comment

So Spain then

Bit of both, isn't it?

Reasonably accomodating to national minorities within the country, all things considered not that bad on immigration, progressive on civil rights, etc.

But, like so many governments elsewhere, allowed itself to get carried away in a housing construction boom. This was excellent news for a long time (higher tax receipts, lower unemployment, etc, but now they're seriously screwed. Although this is a relative term. They really were a post-Francoist basket case well into the nineties, and even a bad recession now isn't going to send them back to those times, I don't think.

Comment

So Spain then

Though they seem more willing to accept that the tide has turned then many of their EU counterparts. Zapatero brought ministers back from holiday to work on legislative proposals, for instance.

And it goes without saying that the Spanish government pisses all over Silvio's from a great height.

Comment

Working...
        X