"I'm John McCain, and I approve this message..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my sweet baby Jesus, what in the name of all that is good and holy were they thinking?

That's it. McCain's won. Game over.

Comment

I had a scary moment when I thought I saw Jewel Staite. Then I realised it was Joss Stone.

Comment

ahm28 (5 hours ago)

I was so impressed with this video that I finally joined YouTube just to rate it.
        Dave your explanation nails it perfectly and summarizes exactly how I (an 18-year old Muslim) feel. Way to go!

Comment

Dave fucking Stewart! Where was his ghastly sidekick Annie Lennox? I think the video needed some earnest imploring. On the plus side, the video features the very lovely Colbie Caillat, so at least it wasn't 100% torture.

Comment

On that McCain video justifying his four nominal homes plus who knows how many "investments", there was a brilliant user comment contrasting McCain and Obama,

Obama - One Home - One wife.

Comment

Having re-watched the video, I'm struck by the intrinsic racism of it. The prominence given to the overemoting Forrest Whitaker and and the awful Goldberg is one thing, but the MLK thing towards the end... If Obama was white, they'd have used the more appropriate reference point, JFK '60 or RFK '68.

Anyway, I expound on all that plus Madonna's PowerPoint presentation on my blog. I mention that because I stole the two ideas from OTF as well as two of Taylor's right-wing rock songs and a noun to describe Madonna from OTF.

Comment

I love Whittaker, but he looks more like Forrest Gump there. Joan Baez should really know better, but sadly never has. Isn't Joss Stone from bleeding Devon? Jason Alexander looks even more of a fuckwit than in the McD.L.T. commercial. And Barry Manilow, wtf?

Every time I watch that ad, I am astonished anew at just how utterly, utterly gruesome it is.

Comment

Working...
                X