Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, who else forgot it's a bank holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only that, I woke up an hour early to finish a feature. D'oh.

Must be your American half.

Ain't one here, btw.

Comment

My bank have sent me a text message this morning, so clearly they've forgotten.

Comment

Not me, it's my first wedding anniversary today.

Comment

Well, the weather's shit enough to remind me.

Comment

Wish it were one here. Next Monday can't come soon enough.

Comment

[pedant]

"Bank Holiday"

[/pedant]

Comment

The trouble isn't forgetting it's a bank holiday, the problem is finding out what to do that's entertaining and uses valuable time appreciably when you're skint.

'Going for walks' and 'do some gardening' will not suffice. I'm a lazy cunt. Lazy with a vengeance, dammit!

Comment

How are bank holidays set? Are they same day every year or what?

Comment

The way it feels sometimes, it's as if they chuck dates into a hat, pick 'em out and say 'that's a bank holiday'.

Comment

I'm at work since my benevolent employers don't recognise bank holidays, due to the fluctuating hours of shift work.

Bastards.

Comment

Wank holiday, more like.

Comment

Nice angry first post. Welcome hallicks.

Comment

Oh, and having taken a few consecutive three-day weekends to eat up some vacation time, I've decided I'm going to be one of those semi-slackass types that will happily go down to a 4 day week when I'm 50.

Comment

Winding down to 4 days a week at 50 is an excellent idea.

Maybe 3 days at 60, 2 at 65, etc. is a much better way of preparing for retirement than suddenly not just turning up one Monday morning.

My Dad worked his b*llocks off all his working life, had a series of heart attacks shortly before retiring, and then found himself at a complete loss when he suddenly had all that time on his hands (and not particularly good health with which to enjoy it). My Mum wasn't best pleased to have him under her feet all day all of a sudden, either.

God, I must be getting old... (

Comment

Went to Rhyl, god I must have been desperate today.

Comment

My Dad worked his b*llocks off all his working life, had a series of heart attacks shortly before retiring, and then found himself at a complete loss when he suddenly had all that time on his hands (and not particularly good health with which to enjoy it). My Mum wasn't best pleased to have him under her feet all day all of a sudden, either.

Same here for my dad (without the heart attacks, thankfully). If not engaged in some carpentry-garden-house-based activity, then he is Grumbly Old Bastard Incarnate. That said, thank christ for bowls, the one sport that saves OAPs from complete inertia meltdown (if such a syndrome exists). If he's on the green, life retains balance again.

Comment

I'm 28 and already on a four day week. its fantastic. (i just like telling people this at random - and i get paid considerably more than in my last job for less hours - yea me)

Comment

I'm technically on a four day week, but one of those days lasts anything up to 20 hours, so it doesn't feel like one.

Comment

I used to do four 10-hour days in a week which makes a lot of sense. But I had to start at 7:30 and it was on the other side of town, so I always wasted the free weekdays asleep or in the cinema anyway. And I had to work every third weekend. And it was in Acton. So I found another job.

Comment

Working...
                                        X