Favourite Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Facts

Gil Scott Heron, the father (in many peoples' opinions) of rap, is the son of the first black man to play for Celtic Football Club. Yes, the ones in Glasgow.

And Carlos Tevez was the only sportsman to win an Olympic gold medal at the 2004 Athens games who didn't get presented with a laurel wreath to accompany his medal.

Comment

Favourite Facts

Why?

Comment

Favourite Facts

He was standing at the end of the podium, and when they got to him they realised they were one laurel wreath short so gave him his medal and buggered off, hoping like hell he didn't ask where his wreath was. The University of Manchester did something very similar to my entire graduation year in 2006 when there was a problem printing our certificates in time for the graduation ceremony...

I'm fairly sure it was Tevez anyway - it was definitely one of the Argentine football side.

Comment

Favourite Facts

This happened to me after a school quiz competition. They gave me a medal and a certificate, then came up to me after and said "Yeah, we need those back. Thanks."

I got my own back a few years later, when I won the big one as captain. There's was no taking that fucker away from me.

Comment

Favourite Facts

"According to that chart, Greenland has been warmer than the last 50 years on at least two occasions."

True, though not during the Norse settlement.

Comment

Favourite Facts

I know another one.

If you are adding up a whole list of numbers and you get two different answer, take one away from the other and divede the difference by 9.

If it divides wholly, then odds on that you have transposed two nummber around

Comment

Favourite Facts

Clive Dunn was only 48 when he began playing Corporal Jones in "Dad's Army".

Comment

Favourite Facts

I rented Michael "Boon" Elphick's villa in Portugal and Clive Dunn was next door and he used to wave to us through the window. Blind as a bat he is now, bless him

There was no panic.

Dustin Hofmann and Anne Bancroft were only 6 years apart in "The Graduate"

Comment

Working...
                  X