• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Card info, s'il vous plait?

Yep.

PM's always welcome in this instance.

I-130 and G-325a, in.

No worries with the I-485, upcoming, hopefully.

What happens next, and how badly should I be worried? (I know it is going to take a while for things to occur. My biggest hope is that someone cashes a cheque/check, which means that the money is spent.)

Sorry. To the peeps who dont care: the cheques are made to H*mel*nd Securit*. So, you can sort of tell where you are, in the process.

I am sort of scared that they will say 'fuck off' because I is white, and Scottish.

Comment

My recollection is that there's just a huge amount of sitting and waiting and hoping you're fine and not fucked. But not actually learning anything.

For me, my wife put in the petition for a spouse (I-130, I think) and then there was a "4 to 8 month" waiting time until the paperwork got to the front of the queue and they processed it. And we were just hoping nothing was wrong, because there's the risk that you got sent to the back of the queue again with the fixes.

The actual process was relatively simple, and the interview was utterly harmless, I think precisely because I was white and married to a white American. It's the waiting that's stressful.

Comment

this website is your saviour. Last time I was in touch with them was I-751 (removal of conditions on a Green Card). Turn around on that was over a year at one point so it seems Vermont has been sorting its issues out.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the expense of a lawyer. Websites like Visa Journey have a really good community that can help you stay comfortable with the process moving forward. Shared knowledge of no information strangely makes it easier not to panic.

Comment

gerontophile wrote:

I am sort of scared that they will say 'fuck off' because I is white, and Scottish.
          I'm not very good at "reading" you Ger, so I may be getting the wrong end of the stick entirely here, but are you genuinely saying that you think it's likely to be a problem because you are white?

Comment

Apologies for my late reply, ad hoc, but I was actually worried about the "poor white trash" aspect.

But no matter, because it is approved:

I GOT MY GREEN CARD (Just the 3 fucking years, mind you.)

Comment

Congratulations, you big, freeloading old poove.

<winkything>

Comment

Go on Gero ya bas!

Comment

Congratulations Gero

Comment

Thanks all. I am of course chuffed to buggery, apart from bursting into tears when I finally got through to the website and saw the result.

I keep checking to make sure they haven't changed their minds.

Comment

Have a big go of green for abstinent me you beautiful man.

Comment

Didn't realise we were still on vous terms

Comment

The thread is about 3 years old.

Comment

Hearty congrats Gero. Welcome to the greenies.

Comment

Well done Gero. Always nice to hear about good things happening to good people.

Comment

This is great news Gero. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                  The thread is about 3 years old.
                                  C'est vrai

Comment

So pleased for you Ger. you really deserve this.

Comment

Does it mean you get to join the short queue at airport immigration?

Comment

Nice one Gero. But remember, it's not easy being green...

Comment

In somewhat related news, the UK is shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that allowing people to get residency visas by buying luxury property may facilitate moneylaundering.

Comment

Thank you, all. Your nice words mean a lot.

Comment

Ah, congratulations Gero. My wait between beginning the process and receiving the confirmation was nowhere near as long but I had been here years before I even became able to apply, so I know what a relief it is. Fantastic news.

Comment

Working...
                                              X