Beer Googles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer Googles

Does anybody know of a good place to buy polypins of decent beer in the Surrey or South-West London area?

Beer Googles

I believe you can pick them up from the Fullers brewery, and probably from Youngs, too. I've struggled to find anything else when I've looked recently.

Comment

Beer Googles

By the way, if anyone thinks they might fancy helping me drink whatever I manage to source while dancing about a bit in various ways, drop me a PM.

Comment

Beer Googles

(On April 19th.)

Comment

Beer Googles

I think the people at Dark Star, and Pitfield, who are now both based down in Sussex, deliver polypins to London. And their beers are pretty good.

Comment

Beer Googles

Thanks for all the tips. I'll check them out. I'm a little constraned by the requirement to have the beer racked off bright because I won't have time for it to settle. Not many places will do this.

Comment

Beer Googles

Both Dark Star and Pitfield do the polypins bright. Or at least did up to 2 years ago when I last bought from them.

Comment

Beer Googles

Splendid!

Comment

Beer Googles

And if you want a recommendation, Dark Star's Hophead is one of my favourite beers.

Comment

Beer Googles

Andy,If you can get out to the Edenbridge area,the very splendid Westerham Brewery will be happy to assist you.

They usually have about 5-6 different beers available in the amount your after and most can be supplied bright.

Comment

Beer Googles

I haven't a clue about how to get any information whatsoever out of the Dark Star website. They must have had a good deal of fun putting the site together, but it's in inverse proportion to the amount of fun the user has trying to make head or tail of it.

Comment

Beer Googles

Ey up, Paul. You've made it over here then, I see.

Comment

Beer Googles

Whereabouts in that general vicinity are you going to be Andy? Do you live down here?

Comment

Beer Googles

I live in Walton on Thames. The do that I need the beer for is going to be just down the road in Molesey.

Comment

Beer Googles

Are these too small? From the Hogsback Brewery

http://www.hogsback.co.uk/acatalog/draughtbeer.html

My mate bought some for his wedding which went faster than you coudl say una mas

Comment

Beer Googles

Yup,finally made it over Tim.Took a while mind.

I've got to say I'm not totally enamoured with the new place just yet.

Is it me or does it seem really slow compared to the old board?

Also its so big and bold it makes it difficult to hide amongst all the other crap on my screen,from any passing I.T.gauleiters/Management/etc.

I've got to remember to tick the box that keeps me logged in as well.

Otherwise it seems fine,I'll no doubt get used to it.

Oh,and another thing.I cant seem to make out who the "new faces" are and who are the olt timers who have just changed their names.

Comment

Beer Googles

Partly, the answer to your question depends on the number of PMs I get. I'm currently thinking in terms of a couple of polypins, but this is only a guess at this stage.

Comment

Beer Googles

The Sultan in South Wimbledon is famed for it's Hop Back Brewery beers, sells polypins IIHazilyRC and is where the local morris men hang out, so what more could you ask for!

Comment

Beer Googles

H'mm I'm guessing that's Greensleeves Morris Men. Our paths cross but rarely.

Comment

Beer Googles

I have no clue what polypins or "bright" beer is, but the "Alias, me" thread should help GUSTAVUS a bit with name changes since the move.

Comment

Beer Googles

H'mm I'm guessing that's Greensleeves Morris Men. Our paths cross but rarely.
                                          Oo-er!

Possibly.

Would it not be wise for you to be seen on their "manor" then?

Comment

Beer Googles

Is it like some sort of gang thing? Do you have your own hand signs and colours and everything? Are we in danger of any drive-by shootings if we come down?

Comment

Beer Googles

Ha! No, they've been going since the 1920s and some more sharp-tongued than I might say that's evident from the vigour with which they move.

Ursus - a pin is a small (9 gallon) barrel - a polypin is a plastic container inside a cardboard box with the same capacity.

Bright beer is beer without sediment - it doesn't need time for the sediment to settle before it's drinkable.

Comment

Beer Googles

To elaborate on the invitation on the first page, what I'm laying on is an evening which involves an opportunity to try a bit of Argentine Tango, to dance a bit to my band and to watch a couple of short performances of flemenco and morris. And to drink a bit, too.

Comment

Beer Googles

My missus wants me to go to salsa lessons with her. I can't decide whether to not go because I believe dancing comes from within and shouldn't be learned, or go because it would make her happy.

Option two seems best.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X