Paris Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris Attacks

Beautiful-looking dog, too. A Belgian shepherd.

Comment

Paris Attacks

"5000 shots fired but identity of two killed still unclear" just popped up on my phone. If those 5000 were on target that isn't particularly surprising.

Comment

Paris Attacks

The official French police Twitter account described the Malinoise who was killed as an "assault dog" (chienne d'assaut).

That's no job for a dog, particularly one as noble as Diesel

Comment

Paris Attacks

The sadness in his eyes....

Comment

Paris Attacks

Sorry, bit flippant there

Comment

Paris Attacks

Although its story, was mainly lost in everything else , I had to wait after picking the two youngest oiks up from footie training about 20 mins ago by police - as the very sad looking TGV engine was being transported to the nearby SNCF engineering centre up the road.

Very sobering and a bit spooky.

Main office of my company, by the Stade de France, closed all day, every one safe.

Comment

Paris Attacks

Brussels is now on full lockdown in response to a imminent threat of attack.

http://www.france24.com/en/20151121-...t?dlvrit=65413

Metro closed, events cancelled, people warned to avoid large crowds.

Comment

Paris Attacks

E10 Rifle wrote: Sorry, bit flippant there
                  Nope - we need more of this. Once you accept that stuff is going to happen occasionally, there's no point getting all po-faced and self-righteous over it.

Comment

Paris Attacks

several people have apparently suffered gunshot wounds in an ongoing "hostage situation" in roubaix.

Comment

Paris Attacks

Multiple reports that it could be a bungled bank robbery rather than something more sinister.

Comment

Paris Attacks

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/01/marine-le-pen-front-national-political-gains-paris-attacks

The party is tipped to take control of at least two of France’s 13 mainland regions for the first time. Le Pen could win leadership of the new, expanded region of Nord-Pas-de-Calais-Picardie in the north
                        Would she win a run off?

Comment

Paris Attacks

For what?

President?

That's not for another 18 months or so (Spring of 2017) and it's far from certain that Le Pen would finish in the top two.

Comment

Paris Attacks

Regional president of Nord- Pas De Calais- Picardie.

I assume it's the same electoral system as 2010, albeit with a merger with Picardy having happened:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_regional_elections,_2010#Nord-Pas-de-Calais

I don't like the look of a run off with 3, mind.

Comment

Paris Attacks

There isn't a separate election for regional presidents.

The office goes to the leader of the majority.

Comment

Paris Attacks

Ah OK.

Bad news.

Comment

Paris Attacks

Insert own appalingly tasteless joke here....

Comment

I think we mentioned on here what a dickhead this guy was and, Bataclan survivor or now, he's a dickhead.

Comment

Arsewipe. Shit music as well. Ironic metal nonsense. Has Josh Homme kept his counsel on this or is he letting his inner redneck out? (I know he wasn’t on tour but is involved with this shitty band)

Comment

He'll be keeping quiet after kicking a female photographer in the head at one of his gigs.

Comment

Nice, nice.

Comment

That’s a fantastic non-apology apology as well (Homme). What a prick. Been treading water a decade or more.
                                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 26-03-2018, 20:45.

Comment

Jesus fucking Christ. I've mentioned on here before that I am (was, now) a huge QOTSA fan and I enjoyed the first couple of EODM records and their shonky, garage aesthetic.

After the kicking in the head thing, and now this, they can both go and get fucked. Hughes has previous in tweeting / instagramming pro-Israel propaganda so I'm not sure why I'm surprised by this TBH.

Comment

Hughes is a raging far right-winger, the content of his message isn't surprising at all, just that he felt like people wanted to know what he thought.

Homme is a right-winger too, but his problems usually come from losing his rag.

Comment

There has been an armed attack on a Kurdish cultural centre in the 10th arrondissement.

At least three people have been shot dead and four more wounded.

Comment

The suspect, who is now in custody, is a 69 year old man who had been in provisional detention for over a year in connection with an attack on a migrant camp in 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X