Stalin (and other as young)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say what you will, but he was a rather handsome bugger when young, and sharp dresser.

I'm not sure what he's wearing under the jacket. Is it as simple as a scarf?

And he reminds me of someone. In sports, I think.

Comment

I'm going to make a revolution in my own thread and make this into a "famous people when they were young"

Lad in the middle

Comment

Isn't there some sort of etiquette on this board about replying to one's own post to avoid a nil thread?

Anyway, that picture of Stalin is the spitting image of any "counter-cultural" alpha teenage male I went to high school with. They were all dicks.

Comment

Comment

Jesus wrote: I'm not sure what he's wearing under the jacket. Is it as simple as a scarf?

Emre Can.

Comment

Close but not there.

I'm wondering what kind of hair products Stalin used. He was a rocker before there were rockers.

Comment

Jesus wrote: I'm not sure what he's wearing under the jacket. Is it as simple as a scarf?

You must be thinking about Berbaslug's favourite:

Comment

Jesus wrote: I'm going to make a revolution in my own thread and make this into a "famous people when they were young"

Lad in the middle

Judging by the name of the picture I'm going to take the plunge and saaaaaay...

Elvis.

Comment

Bloody hell, were we supposed to be guessing? That is one of the more famous 'famous babies' photos.

This is ridiculously simple.

Comment

I don't know, I've just checked the picture name but I could have sworn that was Harry Nilsson.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: Bloody hell, were we supposed to be guessing? That is one of the more famous 'famous babies' photos.

Spookily like Dustin Hoffman.

Comment

Oh goody, another chance to tell about the people who lived in our house before us and left loads of stuff in the loft, including the 'happy new baby' cards for Steven, including the one 'congratulations on the birth of little Stalin, love, Nana'.

Comment

That's not one of your better ones.

Comment

Next we'll have the thread full of people called Stalin who don't like being called Sta. Like Stalin Prest.

Comment

Vulgarian Visigoth wrote:
                                Originally posted by Jesus
                                I'm not sure what he's wearing under the jacket. Is it as simple as a scarf?

You must be thinking about Berbaslug's favourite:

Much closer but still not there.

And etiquette is for sheep, by the way. If etiquette was the norm we would still live like people did in the 16th century.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: Bloody hell, were we supposed to be guessing? That is one of the more famous 'famous babies' photos.

Took me a while but now I know.
                                  It's this not so dashing bloke.

Comment

Fucker never changed his hairstyle.But it's the killer eyes that gave away the kid's identity.

Comment

Here's a smug face asking to be metaphorically punched.

Comment

On the other hand, I can imagine this young fellow getting Hollywood offers.

Comment

G-Man wrote: Here's a smug face asking to be metaphorically punched.

That can only be Dave.

Comment

G-Man wrote: Fucker never changed his hairstyle.But it's the killer eyes that gave away the kid's identity.
                                            Nah, I never get that. People rarely had photographs back then and as such it was a very important serious business so people always looked serious, staged, probably uncomfortable and not full of larks. I have pictures of my father in law in Hungary in the 20s or earlier and he had a similar look. It would be easy for me to say that, living as Jews in a country with a fair bit of anti-Semitism, they were sad or scared or whatever but they just were serious about having a formal family picture taken that was both rare and expensive.

People said the same about Jamie Bulger's killers in this photo

and this one

It was all "Faces of Evil" and "The cold eyes of killers". Absolute bollocks. Even within the context of how they are taken, the first two photos are the looks of two kids who are scared, guilty and caught. I see those expressions (including the 'looks in their eyes') all the time from crimes of breaking a ruler on a desk to kissing Amelia.

Similarly, if the last two photographs are an indication of the future psychopaths, then my Mum has similar pictures of me and Harry/Charles looking like future psychopaths. Indeed, I have pictures of Bored Jr when he looks even more mental.

We can all look back on these photos and imbue them with retrospective evil but they are just photos and these children were probably just normal-ish children at 4 or whatever (Venables and Thompson in the former picture excepted of course).

If you look at that picture of Stalin, he looks super cool but perhaps the sort of guy that would steal your girlfriend not the sort of guy that was responsible for the deaths of millions. Stalin looks like Santa. Che looks like a hippy stoner in a girl's jacket.

Comment

What about this fella?

Comment

Working...
                                              X