Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Lisbon then.

Off there at the end of the month.

Benfica, Belenenses and Sporting all have home games over the course of the week.

Advice on buying tickets, cost etc. appreciated as well as any general info.

Cheers

So, Lisbon then.

Prior threads here, here, here, here and here.

Great city

Walk around, take a ferry, have some pasteis; tickets will be simple, eat a bifana or two pre and post match.

If you have a week, try to get out of town. I'm a fan of Sintra, though Cascais and Estoril are also worth a look. If you have a car, the road along the coast can be stunning.

Comment

So, Lisbon then.

I went to a Beleneneses game the last (and only) time I was in Lisbon. If the game's boring, you can look at the river instead.

Comment

So, Lisbon then.

Got back from Lisbon this afternoon. Lovely place.

I went to games at Benfica and Belenenses (and various other places not on your agenda). In both cases tickets were available from ticket windows outside the ground. Benfica was €22:50 (although it varies depending on who they are playing and where you sit)., Belenenses was €15. In both cases I was sitting along the side of the pitch.

To get to Benfica you get the metro to Colegio Militar/ Luz and the stadium is the other side of the (busy) road. Belenenses is a short walk from the Belem railway station or the tram stop.

I also recommend Sintra.

Comment

So, Lisbon then.

Stev9e to thread.

Comment

So, Lisbon then.

I echo everyone's sentiments on Lisbon being a lovely pleasant place to be. Would love to go there soon again to wander around the downtown area, drink a couple from A Ginjinha and generally have a delightful time. Would be ace to live there...

Have twice been to Sporting, albeit 5-6 years ago now - both times booked tickets via their website in advance and collected on the day outside the stadium before the game. Think a regular seat was about €20, and second time I splashed out €50 for what seemed an excellent seat, padded, TV replays, nice bar / concourse area...

Comment

Working...
            X