World News Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World News Podcast

Can anyone recommend a daily podcast of world news? The BBC would be the obvious choice, but they don't seem to make their news programs available in podcast form, and what podcasts they do have are heavy on features and interviews; I am looking for something that offers a daily round up of what happened in the world.

Thanks!

World News Podcast

The Graun does a daily news podcast, but it's obviously fairly UK centric. The Beeb do a podcast of From Our Own Correspondent, but it's not daily and it's feature-based. Your best bet is probably to go on iTunes (or any directory) and trawl the news podcasts there. Most major news organisations do podcasts these days, and some are bound to have a global outlook.

Comment

World News Podcast

Have you tried this?
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/globalnews/

Comment

World News Podcast

The BBC World Service used to do a 5 minute roundup of the news, and it was really good. For some reason, they got rid of it, and the closest thing now is the 30 minute podcast that Silent Partner (hi) linked to. That's just too long for me.

I download the NPR news roundup, but since I usually end up listening to NPR anyway, it's kind of pointless.

Not sure what your feelings for Amy Goodman are, SS, but Democracy Now makes their headlines available to download as a podcast.

Comment

World News Podcast

Half an hour doesn't seem like a long time to cover the news of the whole world.

Comment

World News Podcast

I don't always have 30 minutes to sit down and listen to the news--which is all I can do with podcasts now that I can't connect my iPod to my computer.

Comment

World News Podcast

From Our Own Corrspondents is excellent but not what you are looking for here.

Comment

World News Podcast

Thanks very much for your suggestions. I have indeed tried the Global News podcast, and while it is the best I've found so far, it tends to feature a handful of in-depth stories. I am looking for something that offers a spin around the globe, as it were.

Comment

Working...
                X