Your Celebrity Doppelgänger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a time I was told I looked like Matt Damon, but I am now moving more towards Denis Irwin.

Comment

I got:

Jean Reno
      Young Sylvester Stallone
      'A Romanian' (whatever they're supposed to look like)
      Mick McCarthy
      Jason Statham
      Jon Hamm
      Rio Ferdinand
      Sebastian Veron

The bottom two were shouted at me by inebriated beshellsuited young men on two different occasions, on the sole basis of me having short hair at the time when those two were in their pomp. Spotting doppelgängers for Man Utd players seems to be part of their culture. That wasn't even in Manchester. Or England for that matter.

So basically I'm Mr Potato Head.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote: She might just have been hitting on you.
        If only. Im afraid that Brown feller had been all over the news for beating a seed the day before.

Oh and some big brother bloke called Nasty Neil.

Comment

It used to be Mark Hamill or Ian Brightwell with one brief accusation of Vince Neil.

Now it's more Walter White in the latter series of Breaking Bad

Comment

I remember reading, either on here or in WSC, that Steve Bruce was beginning to resemble a dinner lady. Something similar appears to be happening to me. The older I get, the more often people tell me I look like a woman.

According to more than one person in the last few months, my latest Doppelgängerin is German actress Nina Petri:

Comment

She's a dish.

Comment

Lovely. Bravo sir. Bravo indeed.

Comment

Fucking brilliant, CV, as ever.

Comment

As my profile thing to the left suggests, 1990s Mike Myers was my go-to comparison (prompted by one of my friends who was quite taken with the supposed similarity), but I've kept my hair colour a bit better than him since, and have got thinner around the face.

Also back in the 90s, when my hair was fuller (but nowhere near as light as the man himself) I would serenade the former (not quite) Mrs WFD to the tune of 'Buddy Holly', "whoa-oh, I look just like Warren Barton, whoa-oh and you're Penny off Just Good Friends". In retrospect the only surprise is that we stayed together so long.

Comment

I've been getting Roy Wood a couple of times recently.

Now I know I'm going a bit grey but give over, I'm half his age!

Comment

I got Diana Rigg the other day, for the first time in 20 years, which made me very happy. I did check it wasn't Dame DR aged 70+.

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote: I've been getting Roy Wood a couple of times recently.

Well. I imagine they'd be meaning Mr Wood in his Wizzardy heyday.

Mind you, we had him on NMTB about 25 years after this period, and he looked exactly the same.

Comment

In the five years that I've been together with The Lady I Walked To The Registry Office With, I've witnessed three occurrences of her being asked on public transport whether she's an actress.

Unsurprisingly, this makes her happy. To prevent her from getting too big for her boots, I always remind her "looking like an actress" can mean "looking like Sharon Stone" or it can also mean "looking like Kathy Staff".

To be honest, I think the only reason she gets asked is because I look like an actress's husband.

Comment

treibeis, yesterday.

Comment

People are cruel.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote:
                                  Originally posted by Trois Fois Un Rouge
                                  I've been getting Roy Wood a couple of times recently.

Well. I imagine they'd be meaning Mr Wood in his Wizzardy heyday.
                                  I bloody well hope so, if they'd said "a young RW" then that'd be fine. It's the uncertainty that rankles.

Comment

Since about the age of 18, I have always looked like 'David Byrne 10 years ago', which given that he's 18 years my senior is a worry.

Comment

Working...
                                    X