Chicken wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken wings

treibeis wrote: I've never eaten, or even really thought about, chicken wings before. Having read through this thread, I now know that chicken wings aren't food, that chicken wings aren't chicken and that chickens contain oysters.
    You should see the size of the pearls. They're a bit fragile though.

Comment

Chicken wings

G-Man wrote: No love for the innards?
      For stock, brilliant. Livers, of course, are great for pate but I have not attempted making that.

Comment

I've just remembered how cross I am about chicken wings.

Comment

I had them for dinner last night. Honey garlic.

Comment

I was just telling ursus minor the other day that wings weren't considered "pieces" at Kentucky Fried Chicken back in the (pre-KFC) day.

Comment

And now you can't get pieces without having to pay for sodding wings.

Comment

Since the last time this thread was in recent posts I might have eaten three wings.

Comment

This seems like the best place to leave my anecdote that when at university I used to get my post-booze scran from Franz Carr’s dad’s chicken shop.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                    Since the last time this thread was in recent posts I might have eaten three wings.
                    I like how circumspect you are about it.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                      I had them for dinner last night. Honey garlic.
                      I though the last two words of that post were just some random combination of syllables that you copywriters write just to fill in the gaps and make yourselves look mysterious.

Then I googled it. The most interesting thing on the Wikipedia page is that they don't say what it's made of; they just say it "tastes of" honey and garlic.

"Tastes of"? Lemon air-freshener "tastes of" lemon if you squirt it into your mouth.

Comment

"Combine chicken broth, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger."

Comment

Well, you could make it that way,

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                            I've just remembered how cross I am about chicken wings.
                            Let it go, man.

Comment

I've tried, man. I've tried.

Comment

craiyon_160942_TonTon_as_Elsa_in_frozen_letting_chicken_wings_go.png

Comment

They are shit though. Tenner minimum for a plate of frozen crap meat shit sticky chicken wings that wankers here go "Legend!" when presented with. Cunts that say legend, ledge, little Fine Gael cunts the lot of them.
                                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 05-08-2022, 21:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                    They are shit though. Tenner minimum for a plate of frozen crap meat shit sticky chicken wings that wankers here go "Legend!" when presented with. Cunts that say legend, ledge, little Fine Gael cunts the lot of them.
                                    I appreciate the misdirected anger; ethno-classism masquerading as food critique. It's all the rage. But last night's wings were excellent, and the price was right. They do the fries with all sorts on 'em; spices, onions, sauce, the works. God knows what's on it, but it's sublime. You'd not finish it all in one sitting, that's for sure. The boy usually polishes them off in the night, but they escaped this time.

Comment

the problem with that kind of meal is the sheer volume of salt. I am sure it is delicious, well other than the sheer fiddlyness of chicken wings, but a would probably drink eight pints of water after.

Comment

This is admirable. Nice work.

Comment

Craiyon is a lot of fun.

Comment

We had some chicken wings for lunch in a Harvester just off a roundabout on the outskirts of Perth. Funny what you stoop to in certain circumstances...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                              We had some chicken wings for lunch in a Harvester just off a roundabout on the outskirts of Perth. Funny what you stoop to in certain circumstances...
                                              I love Craiyon. Sorry DCI Harry Batt that this one is so much better.

craiyon_181820_a_gangster_octopus_eating_chicken_wings_as_painted_by_lowry.png
                                              Attached Files
                                              Last edited by caja-dglh; 05-08-2022, 23:25.

Comment

Comment

I am rather pissed off you are better at getting screenshots of it that I am, but the Craiyon movement must move forward.

Comment

He may have better resolution, but the GO set belongs in the Louvre

Comment

Working...
                                                    X