Passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passes

Bronze - Saturday afternoon at the match with a drink or two either side or an evening at the pub.

Silver - An all-dayer at the football or a late night out.

Gold - An all-dayer at the football and a late night out.

Platinum - A weekend away.

Passes

Comment

Passes

When you give her a platinum pass, what does she do while you're away?

Comment

Passes

Some day I'll ride the Stelvio.

The favourite pass I've driven is the Moki Dugway in Utah

Comment

Passes

Oh I see, it's another one of those classic OTF "ball and chain" threads. Excellent.

Comment

Passes

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: When you give her a platinum pass, what does she do while you're away?
            Same as me, stays away with her mates but usually at a spa weekend rather than football or a festival.

Comment

Passes

Fussbudget wrote: Oh I see, it's another one of those classic OTF "ball and chain" threads. Excellent.
              Why would you jump to that conclusion? Hold on, is that what you call SW2boro?

Comment

Passes

I don't get the concept of 'passes'. Do you have to ask permission to do that stuff?

Comment

Passes

Comment

Passes

I'm with Fussbudget

Though I do like WOM's graphic

Comment

Passes

Fussbudget wrote: I don't get the concept of 'passes'. Do you have to ask permission to do that stuff?
                      I don't know. Does "I am going to the football on Saturday, is that OK?" count? Actually, that isn't entirely accurate as I have a season ticket so all the home games are on the calendar. I would definitely ask if it is OK for an all-nighter or a weekend away. For a start, there is childrecare to synchronise.

Comment

Passes

This thread doesn't strike me as a very good idea.

Still, we've not had a proper Thread Vietnam for a while

Comment

Passes

Hold on, I don't get it. There is no mention of gender in the OP and there wouldn't be. If anything it is more sexist to think that I am talking about having to get a pass from a wife specifically or, indeed, to assume that football-attending is a male only pastime.

Comment

Passes

I'm with you, fussbudget. I don't get "passes", either. Signora Rogin and I have a perfectly equitable relationship, based on that she gets to do what she likes, and so do I. We see each other for about a couple of hours a day (breakfast and evening) and you know what, it's brilliant. We share a bed and that, we're not that distant. But apart from on when we're holiday, we're never in each other's pockets. Even on holiday, during the day, if she wants to go off shopping, or sightseeing, she'll leave me in a "man-creche" to watch whatever footie I want to watch for a couple of hours. Ours may not be everyone's idea of idyllic love, but it works for us.

Edit: Oh God, I've just realised I'm on Bored's Thread Vietnam boat.

Comment

Passes

What's so controversial about the idea of a "pass"? I can see it might be a rather touchy subject if things are like that between a childless couple, but surely if you have one or more kids of an age such that they need supervision, it's normal to share that job, and to accept that you're getting a big favour (a "pass", say, just to coin a phrase) from your other half when you're allowed to go gallivanting off on some fun frolics while your other half does the childcare? That's certainly how Mrs EEG and I see things, mutually.

thread Vietnam alert? WTF?

Comment

Passes

I'm single, but the cat doesn't like being cooped up all day alone, so I ask permission to do anything, including going to the shop to buy cat food. Which used to be called food, before the cat came along and decided to eat EVERYTHING I do.

Comment

Passes

Yeah, it makes some sense for childcare purposes, but isn't Bored's lad a teenager? (Not that I'm trying to have a pop at Bored here, more that I didn't read the OP as being framed that way because of it.)

You'll note that I also didn't say anything about gender.

Comment

Passes

Nor did I

Comment

Passes

Mortirolo
                                      Madone
                                      Xabi Alonso

Comment

Passes

Oh, Bealach na Bà - Britain's highest road pass.

Comment

Passes

evilC wrote:
                                          Done that, in an asthmatic Peugeot 405 hire car with 3 mates. Too many bikers and not enough power to have fun. T shirt weather at the bottom, snowing hard at the top.

Comment

Passes

Where is it? (Evilc's pic)?

It looks like Crib Goch!

Comment

Passes

Kevchenko wrote: Oh, Bealach na Bà - Britain's highest road pass.
                                              Stayed just near there last year, unforfuckinggettable.

Comment

Passes

Rogin, it's the Stelvio in the Italian Alps , which frequently features in the Giro d'Italia.

We've actually hiked a portion of it.

Comment

Passes

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote: Where is it? (Evilc's pic)?

It looks like Crib Goch!
                                                  Passo dello Stelvio, northern Italy.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X