Evidence-based politics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidence-based politics.

With Theresa May ignoring actual facts to indulge in dogwhistlery for a public that is told what to think by her friends in the press (as well as Gove making up policy from a hole in the top of his head), I wondered if anywhere has actually had evidence-based politics? I suppose the post-war consensus where those in the education and health systems were left to run their own professions counts to a certain extent but has it been put forward as an actual manifesto for policy-making?

Evidence-based politics.

Look forward to the "Tories in disarray as May's leadership pitch proven to be a pack of lies" headlines

Comment

Evidence-based politics.

the OP is based on the premise that the conservatives are interested in governing as well as possible in the interest of everyone, rather than being engaged in open class warfare, and the transfer of public wealth into private hands.

Comment

Evidence-based politics.

I suppose the post-war consensus where those in the education and health systems were left to run their own professions counts to a certain extent
        Yep.

Biggest problem since that period, as Marklu said on the DT, is that politicians want to create their own system within a system for which they can take credit, while blaming other poor saps for the rest of it.

Even when there's some good policy about, it warps the whole set up.

Comment

Working...
        X