• Show
Clear All

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    What’s good about that?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    I think one of the most excellent things about Labour's better-than-expected defeat in 2017 is the complacency it has engendered among supporters.

Leave a comment:

• Flynnie
    replied
    Why would I worry that much about a poll which has Labour with approximately 20% of the deficit they had going into the 2017 election? I’ve read some of Dom Cummings’ manifesto, it’s just as coke addled as anything Nick Timothy came up with.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    How do you debunk a UK GE poll?

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    That poll (and the associated ones) has been thoroughly debunked by people actually looking at the background data used to compile the supporting findings published in the Telegraph.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    (A huge proportion of those who vote vote tactically)

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    That would be an interesting outcome

Leave a comment:

• George C.
    replied
    That and a failure by pig-headed idiots, of all hues, to embrace Tactical voting.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    FPTP has so much to answer for.

Leave a comment:

• George C.
    replied
    https://twitter.com/flaviblePolitic/status/1161017270258348034?s=19

The 'great' British public 'speak'?

Leave a comment:

• johnr
    replied
    Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

I suppose it's possible that they'll negotiate a deal and tell the public they did a terrible job, and had been wrong for the past 3 or 4 years when they'd been saying they could have negotiated a good deal that would allow a good-for-Britain Brexit. I'm not sure that's a compelling message to sell about party competence. Like other aspects of Labour policy, I'm being asked to take a lot on faith that they'll do the right thing even when saying that they won't.
    You seem to be wilfully misreading and/or misrepresenting my point - for example, neither I nor Labour have ever said they'd negotiate a 'good for Britain Brexit' - so I think I'll stop there.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
    Those people are complete and utter arseholes and should fuck off and..well, you know.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    And now McDonnell has sparked civil war at Slab Branch Office by appearing to be sanguine on IndyRef 2. Beautiful.

if only Wings over Scotland cunt wasn't threatening to be Scotland's Bath based Trump right now.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    San B speaks for me. You are presupposing a level of sophistication as yet undemonstrated if you think the British electorate will back a party/Govt that will negotiate a unicorn new deal and then urge The People to vote against it. It's pure hilarious eejitry if that's actually the strategy.

Leave a comment:

• Moonlight Shadow
    replied
    In the meantime....

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/arti...-understanding

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Originally posted by johnr View Post

Their stated policy position is to negotiate a deal so that the public have something to vote on, and put that to a referendum with Remain as an option. That's it. I don't know why you're insisting that they'll campaign to leave in that scenario, because they've never said they would. And whenever individual positions have been put forward - Starmer, McDonnell - they've said they'll campaign for Remain. No party position has been laid out yet, but that will be at conference, and it's very very likely to be Remain too.
    I suppose it's possible that they'll negotiate a deal and tell the public they did a terrible job, and had been wrong for the past 3 or 4 years when they'd been saying they could have negotiated a good deal that would allow a good-for-Britain Brexit. I'm not sure that's a compelling message to sell about party competence. Like other aspects of Labour policy, I'm being asked to take a lot on faith that they'll do the right thing even when saying that they won't.

All of this is redundant, of course, because we will almost certainly have left the EU before any election happens. We're just playing with hypotheticals. I think that Labour have done a piss-poor job, but not one that's made a huge amount of difference.

The next step is arguing for re-entry into the EU. And, once again, I'd be much more comfortable if the main opposition party actually explained the benefits of the policy that is opposite to the the policy of the Tory government, and explained why, particularly, we should have free movement, rather than either staying silent on the matter or dog-whisting as in their 6 tests.
    Last edited by San Bernardhinault; 11-08-2019, 00:15.

Leave a comment:

• hobbes
    replied
    Amlodipine for me.
    I'm still steering clear of accelerants these days though.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Yeah thanks, seems to be. GP is happy.

Leave a comment:

• johnr
    replied
    Probably for another thread. But I hope it's working, it's done wonders for my BP.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Haha. I am already on the ramipril, ta.

Leave a comment:

• johnr
    replied
    On the contrary. Excellent time to start.

If you're worried, get yourself on remapril, then you can take what you like.

TAB, it's odd that you quoted me saying 'so far', and then ignored that I'd said 'so far'...

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    Ah right, of course. Never tried one. 52 yo with high blood pressure probably isn't the time to start.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    Ecstasy. Fur the love buzz ken. Want a massage?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    What are eccies, and why would one share them?

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    I see there's been no sharing eccies and getting a love buzz this past week on the board so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X