No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I'm not Jewish so I'm not allowed to define what anti-semitism looks like.

Comment

I note that the Hodge article and the Gavin Shuker one a couple of days ago aren't being opened up to comments.

Steve Bell also had a cartoon remain unpublished.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
        Actually, I'm not Jewish so I'm not allowed to define what anti-semitism looks like.
        Yeah, but quite a lot of Jewish people are being excluded from defining anti-semitism at the moment too.

Comment

Steve Bell also had a cartoon remain unpublished.
          In a world of such misery, we should be thankful for every small mercy.

Comment

Here’s the Steve Bell Cartoon the Guardian wouldn’t publish

[URL]https://twitter.com/markdistef/status/1151433968044171272?s=21[/URL]

in response Dave Rich of the „Community Safety Trust“ found a Cartoon Bell drew of Henry Kissinger with a big nose -in 1983.

[URL]https://twitter.com/daverich1/status/1151479982012686337?s=21[/URL]
            Henry Kissinger is Jewish.

He is also a mass murderer.

the „very big nose“ looks like a penis.

Last edited by Nefertiti2; 18-07-2019, 10:02.

Comment

Think this is really good- as a video and as a strategy.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1152190522162896897?s=20

Comment

Simon Wren Leiws's weekly column for the New Statesman was initially published on their website and then pulled. No explanation given

Here is the column https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/201...-to-prime.html

Comment

Jason Cowley night actually be a worse Sensible cunt than Stig fuckin Abdell.

Comment

Simon Wren Lewis is good at words. I'm not sure why the New Statesman thought that fewer people needed to read that rather than more.
                    Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 20-07-2019, 01:11.

Comment

On the subject of people who are good with words, Tom Watson was on the Twitter earlier, complaining about the symbolic censuring of Hilary Armstrong by her local party, and proclaiming this "misdirected mob justice degrades our great party."

You know, the same Tom Watson who accepted the claims of Nick the Paedophile at face and used the protection of parliament to smear innocent men with child sex abuse allegations. Whipping up a handy dose of "misdirected mob justice" in the process.

https://twitter.com/tom_watson/statu...19980606849026

Like Hodge the other day, either no self-awareness at all, or a near-psychopathic level of chutzpah.

Comment

Hilary Armstrong... Hilary Armstrong... Hilary Armstrong... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-to-Blair.html

Labour's high command is planning "show trials" for its most disloyal MPs which could lead to their deselection before the next election unless they pledge loyalty to Tony Blair.

The extraordinary attempt to stamp discipline on the mutinous Westminster party is being championed by Hilary Armstrong, the Chief Whip.

She wants at least six of the most persistent rebels to be dropped as candidates by the ruling National Executive Committee unless they agree to mend their ways.

A Labour minister said last night that Miss Armstrong was ready to order a list of habitual rebels to appear before the NEC in the summer as part of a crackdown on "serial disloyalty".

[...]

A senior Labour figure cited the names of six MPs who could expect to be asked to make a vow of loyalty before the NEC as the price for having their candidacy endorsed.

They are Bob Marshall-Andrews, who has voted against the party whip 51 times since the 2001 election; John McDonnell, with 79 votes against; Jeremy Corbyn, 87; Lynne Jones, 57; Diane Abbott 36; and Mike Wood, 25.
                        That Hilary Armstrong?

Comment

It does look like her, doesn't it? Still, let's not rush to conclusions. There might have been two Hilary Armstrongs, holding the office of Labour Party Chief Whip in 2006.

I particularly liked this line: "Last week Mr Blair claimed his Left-wing critics were part of an "auld alliance" with the Tories who wanted to defeat Labour governments."

Yeah, like the 'centrist' critics working with the Tories to damage the Labour party in 2017, Tone?

Comment

Hilary Armstrong... Hilary Armstrong... Hilary Armstrong... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-to-Blair.html

That Hilary Armstrong?
                            I’m not sure that is sufficient reason to expel her from the party. It seems a low bar.

Comment

Hahahahaha.

Comment

isn't this a load of shite about a load of shite? Only the NEC can expel members, surely, and so this is a case of a CLP passing a meaningless resolution. Hold the front page!

Comment

But Hilary is very sad.

Comment

Hilary Vainshite

Comment

Of course it's all bollocks. But it is an attempt to damage the Party and that is the main thing.

Comment

I thought it was good to know about. It’s not all that interesting in itself, but it’s indicative of the broader situation that unless you are fully supportive of Corbyn, you’re not welcome in the Labour Party. People like me need to be reminded of this, there are too many who still haven’t reconciled themselves to getting out of Dodge.
                                        Last edited by Lucy Waterman; 21-07-2019, 14:26.

Comment

Bollocks. The only way to make yourself unwelcome in the Party is if you are attempting to wreck it.

Comment

If people - as in this CLP motion - subjectively equate criticism and disagreement with trying to wreck the party, then we’re basically saying the same thing.

Comment

She signed a full page advert saying Corbyn had "failed the test of leadership". I doubt she sees it as wrecking the party, I'm sure she thinks that's what Corbyn is doing. But it goes some way beyond "not being fully supportive" of Corbyn.

Comment

She expressed her opinion, and was told that opinion was incompatible with remaining in the party. Fine.

Comment

Oh come on.

Comment

Well, that is what happened. Labour used to tolerate criticism of the leader, be it through newspaper adverts, writing books, forming a Stop The War coalition or whatever. Now it cannot.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X