No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all so fucked. I don't doubt that Watson is playing silly games, and I trust Dawn Foster and even Owen Jones more than the Centrist fucks, but every minute of explaining, the Labour Left is losing. I have a hellish Vision. Of Jo Fucking Swinson as Westminster Kingmaker. Bring it all down.

Comment

what should Labour do, then? Watson is trying to provoke a war and split the party before an election. There's no reconciliation possible.

Comment

It seems beyond saving.

Comment

Youse went from hegemony to nothing in Scotland between 2010 and 15, I fear that's going to happen in England now in yr "heartlands". People don't generally vote for a party that's tearing itself apart. A fuck awful Brexit policy from the leadership will also be culpable but.

Watson as Diamond Jim Murphy. I'd also put money on Plaid leading a minority govt in the Welsh Assembly next vote, prob the reason for WLAb First Minister making noises about possible Welsh IndyRef if Brexit goes as well as expected.
          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 12-07-2019, 00:14.

Comment

It's v v depressing (at least the England vista).

Comment

Tell me about it.

Comment

What's weird is that in terms of policy Labour has been fantastic. From the Preston model to Leasehold reform, or Land ownership Labour seems to be the only source of new ideas. And yet the determination of the right to take their ball home means there's a good chance that it won't ever be realised, whilst the state of the media means that none of it is ever discussed.

Comment

It's not as if a Labour collapse in England would result in an immediate improvement, governmentally, as it has is Scotland.

Comment

What's weird is that in terms of policy Labour has been fantastic. From the Preston model to Leasehold reform, or Land ownership Labour seems to be the only source of new ideas. And yet the determination of the right to take their ball home means there's a good chance that it won't ever be realised, whilst the state of the media means that none of it is ever discussed.
                    Yeah indeed. Feel sorry for McDonnell, Long-Bailey and their teams in particular, as they've been beavering away on all manner of stuff while this shit's been going on.

I'm not a fan of those bleating excessively about the BBC docco - it's a colossal waste of energy, apart from anything else - but dear Lord Watson is a poisonous fuck who needs to be removed. His main strategy seems to be actually destroy the process by which antisemitism cases might be prosecuted. Wish I'd never voted him as second choice in 2015, though the alternatives were dismal too.

Comment

You didn't have to vote for any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post

Yeah indeed. Feel sorry for McDonnell, Long-Bailey and their teams in particular, as they've been beavering away on all manner of stuff while this shit's been going on.

I'm not a fan of those bleating excessively about the BBC docco - it's a colossal waste of energy, apart from anything else - but dear Lord Watson is a poisonous fuck who needs to be removed. His main strategy seems to be actually destroy the process by which antisemitism cases might be prosecuted. Wish I'd never voted him as second choice in 2015, though the alternatives were dismal too.
                        I don’t the Labour Party pushing back against some very shabby journalism from the BBC is “bleating “. I think it’s essential.

i speak personally here. My identity as a left wing Jew is being erased whilst the likes of Ella Rose are being represented as the only acceptable kinds of Jew in the Labour Party.

The long Jewish Labour/left tradition which included Manny Shinwell, Tony Judt, Margot Heinemann. Gerald Kaufman and many many others is being reduced to One identity and one position on Israel.

The right are even claiming that to be anti capitalist is to be antisemitic as “ Jews are rich”.

Comment

Which itself is a fundamentally antisemitic position

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                            Which itself is a fundamentally antisemitic position
                            but not one of much concern to the Jewish Labour Movement or the Board of Deputies

It was Siobhain McDonagh

Comment

So Momentum have chosen today to announce a campaign for open selections, suggesting that somebody in their upper ranks is familiar with the term “”dead cat on the table””.

Comment

Not the only people looking for dead cats, perhaps

https://twitter.com/philbc3/status/1149594031044743168

Comment

Thornberry good today - alone in seeming to realise that attacking the license fee and inciting your former employees to sue you isn’t textbook news management.

Comment

Margaret Hodge in the Guardian, demonstrating a total lack of self awareness:

Hateful language has now become part of mainstream political discourse.
                                    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...margaret-hodge

Yeah, Marge. Calling someone a "fucking anti-Semite and a racist" will tend to lower the tone.

Comment

If your torch isn't flaming you must be an antisemite too

Comment

I don't think this is how it works...

https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1151438493593325568

Also, this is the sort of thing that they want, right? Oh. I forget. Wrong type of people.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1151600723420950528

Comment

Watching Wes Streeting contort himself in trying to defend Hayters comments is quite fun. I think he manages to fall under the IHRA definition that he was so in favour of Labour adopting. I wonder if there is a form I can fill in.

Comment

It’s going to be some pretty impressive Whataboutery if Labour goes after everyone who’s made a Downfall meme.

They should sack her, you can’t say something like that and remain a shadow minister. But even Seumas in his quote stops short of calling it anti-senitism, because it isn’t.
                                            Last edited by Lucy Waterman; 18-07-2019, 06:41.

Comment

There is, yes

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
                                                It’s going to be some pretty impressive Whataboutery if Labour goes after everyone who’s made a Downfall meme.

They should sack her, you can’t say something like that and remain a shadow minister. But even Seumas in his quote stops short of calling it anti-senitism, because it isn’t.
                                                True- though some of "Corbyn's inner circle" are Jewish.

Comment

I don't think it is anti-semitism no, but I'd put a mortgage on someone like Streeting claiming it was if uttered by someone closer to Corbyn.

Comment

I’m certainly not about to mount a defence for the burning intelligence and mighty political talent of Wes Streeting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X