No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Von Hindenburg and Von Papen, both facilitated Hitler's rise to power. So, yes the military had influence, but so did mainstream politicians. I know Von Papen was an ex-Army man, but still an ex-Chancellor.

Comment

Not sure Corbyn's latest in the Graun is going to help matters.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/labourpress/status/1149066654992805888?s=21[/URL]

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/pickardje/status/1149044328750362626?s=21[/URL]

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1149067698497884166?s=21[/URL]

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1149015685672165376?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Labour should sue, seriously.

Comment

What a coincidence

https://twitter.com/OwenSmith_MP/status/1149080618350911488

https://twitter.com/tom_watson/status/1149070519305670661

Comment

Have you actually watched the programme, Nef, or have you been too busy posting Tweets decrying it?

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                      The next GE will be years after Boris Johnson has completed the coup. I think there's a lot of wishful thinking that his ascendance will bring about a GE.
                      I'm starting to think that it's wishful thinking that there will even be an election in 2022. We've already had Farage talking about defending Brext with a rifle, then Raab arguing to simply suspend Parliament in order to force through a No Deal Brexit, and now we have the next PM, despite not having a majority in Parliament, adopting that very same idea.

Comment

Tom "I believe Nick" Watson accepts what he's told at face value and and gets all agitated about it. What a surprise.

Dawn Foster puts the boot into him a bit in The Guardian.: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-jeremy-corbyn Surely some mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

The trouble with your arguments, Colm, other than the 1,001 colourful but increasingly unhinged metaphors you use to describe the negative economic consequences of Brexit, is that it's all about the Republic of Ireland. You rarely mention your country in your contributions and you frame your opposition to Brexit in terms of it's effect upon us, but your main if not total concern is the effect which you fear it will have on the Irish economy. Which is quite understandable. But given your motivation, your preparedness to chuck the small matter of a democratic vote in another country under the bus, with no heed to the convulsions which might ensue as a consequence if you do so, you'll excuse me if I don't consider your opinion one that has the best interests of my country at heart.
                          This has made me so angry that it's taken me a day or two to come back to it. What on earth are you talking about? Who do you think I am talking about when I say that No Deal is going to be a lot like Sanctions? Why do I describe no deal brexit as declaring economic war on the EU? Absolutely terrible things are going to happen inside the UK. For three years I have been banging on that leaving the single market alone is going to devastate the most productive, most valuable parts of the UK economy completely, and blow a massive hole in the UK tax base, and obliterate things like the NHS for starters, and that's the mildest form of Brexit, where you just leave the single market. That has at no point come up in the discussion of Brexit in the intervening period. It's three years since Brexit, and the idea that the UK isn't directly equivalent to the EU, and therefore these brexit discussions aren't between two equals, but between the UK and a body seven times its size, hasn't seeped into the discussion. It's three years on, and all that has changed is that the prime minister of the UK is going to be Boris Johnson, who is promising that the EU negotiators 'don't like it up em'

My problem is this. The UK is clearly fucked, and can't even begin to comprehend, let alone deal with its problems. Your entire political system is worthy of nothing but contempt, and the failure to notice this on the part of most people in the UK, is terrifying. And I include everyone in the UK in this. Shit should be burning at this point. This is coming for you all. Right before our eyes, the UK has gone from a country that at least had the thin facade of a functional western Democracy, into being Hungary with nuclear weapons, with basically not a single audible or meaningful grumble. Right now my focus is on the uncomfortable historical inevitability that whenever you all have one of your periodic political and societal breakdowns on that island, well a lot of people die on this one, a proud tradition stretching back centuries.

This Johnson/Cunt face off doesn't make me worry about who is going to be able to afford to donate to foodbanks, it makes me wonder what are we going to do with the flood of Brexit economic refugees? Those people are still talking about Brexit in terms of the UK and the EU being equally important when it comes to these discussions, and that is the clearest sign that your political system is incapable of learning, or absorbing reality based facts. This is how disasters happen.

As for it not being up to me to have a solution, that is true. I didn't have to have a solution, however I had one anyway, and it revolved around the Labour party recognizing that Brexit is a fucking disaster, and undeliverable, so right from the very beginning I was saying that they should accept the referendum result and start pushing for a referendum on the agreement struck with the EU, which from the very beginning was going to be nothing like the brexit that people were promised. To relentlessly keep hammering away at the failure of the govt, and the impossibility of the situation. Essentially base their Brexit strategy in the world of Reality, and focus on getting to the point where there was going to be a second referendum on the different question. You've had a nonsensical referendum on Do you want brexit, so the second question has to be "Do you still want brexit now that it has become clear how shit it is going to be."

But the failure of the Labour party to oppose Brexit on its merits, and instead to adopt a delusional unicorn based position, based on their traditional stance of doing pretty much exactly the same thing as the tories, but promising it will be different because they're nicer people and they care, simply means that three years on, the discussion is still exactly where it was in 2016, and no deal looms larger. Yes it would have been difficult in the beginning, however on the other hand, they would be looking like a real alternative, and a sensible party of Government now, because in their own way they look every single bit as chaotic and shit as the fucking burning septic tank you have currently in charge.

This is going to be a fucking nightmarish disaster for all of you, but at least you're in the UK and can do something about it. We're going to get completely fucked over by this, just because your society has lost its fucking mind.

Anyway, enough of this shite. Mr and Mrs Garcia have made it to Galway for the first time in a decade, so I'm off to get pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

This has made me so angry that it's taken me a day or two to come back to it. What on earth are you talking about? Who do you think I am talking about when I say that No Deal is going to be a lot like Sanctions? Why do I describe no deal brexit as declaring economic war on the EU? Absolutely terrible things are going to happen inside the UK. For three years I have been banging on that leaving the single market alone is going to devastate the most productive, most valuable parts of the UK economy completely, and blow a massive hole in the UK tax base, and obliterate things like the NHS for starters, and that's the mildest form of Brexit, where you just leave the single market. That has at no point come up in the discussion of Brexit in the intervening period. It's three years since Brexit, and the idea that the UK isn't directly equivalent to the EU, and therefore these brexit discussions aren't between two equals, but between the UK and a body seven times its size, hasn't seeped into the discussion. It's three years on, and all that has changed is that the prime minister of the UK is going to be Boris Johnson, who is promising that the EU negotiators 'don't like it up em'

My problem is this. The UK is clearly fucked, and can't even begin to comprehend, let alone deal with its problems. Your entire political system is worthy of nothing but contempt, and the failure to notice this on the part of most people in the UK, is terrifying. And I include everyone in the UK in this. Shit should be burning at this point. This is coming for you all. Right before our eyes, the UK has gone from a country that at least had the thin facade of a functional western Democracy, into being Hungary with nuclear weapons, with basically not a single audible or meaningful grumble. Right now my focus is on the uncomfortable historical inevitability that whenever you all have one of your periodic political and societal breakdowns on that island, well a lot of people die on this one, a proud tradition stretching back centuries.

This Johnson/Cunt face off doesn't make me worry about who is going to be able to afford to donate to foodbanks, it makes me wonder what are we going to do with the flood of Brexit economic refugees? Those people are still talking about Brexit in terms of the UK and the EU being equally important when it comes to these discussions, and that is the clearest sign that your political system is incapable of learning, or absorbing reality based facts. This is how disasters happen.

As for it not being up to me to have a solution, that is true. I didn't have to have a solution, however I had one anyway, and it revolved around the Labour party recognizing that Brexit is a fucking disaster, and undeliverable, so right from the very beginning I was saying that they should accept the referendum result and start pushing for a referendum on the agreement struck with the EU, which from the very beginning was going to be nothing like the brexit that people were promised. To relentlessly keep hammering away at the failure of the govt, and the impossibility of the situation. Essentially base their Brexit strategy in the world of Reality, and focus on getting to the point where there was going to be a second referendum on the different question. You've had a nonsensical referendum on Do you want brexit, so the second question has to be "Do you still want brexit now that it has become clear how shit it is going to be."

But the failure of the Labour party to oppose Brexit on its merits, and instead to adopt a delusional unicorn based position, based on their traditional stance of doing pretty much exactly the same thing as the tories, but promising it will be different because they're nicer people and they care, simply means that three years on, the discussion is still exactly where it was in 2016, and no deal looms larger. Yes it would have been difficult in the beginning, however on the other hand, they would be looking like a real alternative, and a sensible party of Government now, because in their own way they look every single bit as chaotic and shit as the fucking burning septic tank you have currently in charge.

This is going to be a fucking nightmarish disaster for all of you, but at least you're in the UK and can do something about it. We're going to get completely fucked over by this, just because your society has lost its fucking mind.

Anyway, enough of this shite. Mr and Mrs Garcia have made it to Galway for the first time in a decade, so I'm off to get pissed.

Well, I'm sorry that I made you so angry. But all you've done is to just say again, in a multitide of different ways, that you think that Brexit will be a disaster for the UK.

We get it.

You also said that you think that the Labour Party's position is wrong.

We get that too.

You didn't address the point that your cavalier disregard for democracy in the UK, and the fall out from simply telling the people that voted Leave in 2016 that they are stupid, racist cunts whose views are to be ignored, is based on parochial concerns, with no concern as to the effects that such an approach would lead to in the UK.

It's hugely unfortunate in the current political context that the Republic of Ireland's economy is so heavily intertwined with that of the UK, but any country's political and economic decisions are rarely made with regard to the effect it will have on the economy of another country. I don't suspect that many Irish politicians have lost too much sleep over the number of companies which have moved from the UK and elsewhere to their country in order to benefit from the country's generous corporation tax rates.

Enjoy your drinks.
                            Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 11-07-2019, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurgee View Post
                              Tom "I believe Nick" Watson accepts what he's told at face value and and gets all agitated about it. What a surprise.
                              He also advocated that Labour members who wish to fight antisemitism in the Party join the organisation that was caught on camera saying that they were set up to stop the politics of Jeremy Corbyn and Bernie Sanders.

Comment

This is a good thread
                                [URL]https://twitter.com/jsternweiner/status/1149289087104425984?s=21[/URL]

whilst what are the odds that two of the Jewish Labour members they found had both appeared in the AlJazeera documentary about the Activities of Shai Masot

one worked for the Israeli Embassy, the other for Joan Ryan Mp

Comment

To Berbaslug-we know the British electoral system is a disaster and the U.K. is fundamentally undemocratic. We have to deal with the U.K. media every day.
                                  Last edited by Nefertiti2; 11-07-2019, 15:21.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/rosskempsell/status/1149278399032188928?s=21[/URL]

Comment

NS, Brexit with no deal is likely going to collapse the Irish Agri sector, and set a border on fire. The biggest outcome of more City cokeheads setting up here will be to send Dublin rents to ludicrous levels. No deal will also mean food and medicine shortages here.

Comment

I know, mate. Which is why most of us are hoping it won't happen.

Comment

Berbaslug/ Banjoculchie's style hasn't really changed much in the years he's posted on here. Except that his rants are now directed at the entire population of England, rather than merely Northern Ireland and anyone (read, everyone) who didn't share his halfwitted conspiracy theories about Mourinho and Man Utd. Back then he could be respectively ignored or gently ridiculed, now he points out some home truths among the gibberish and readers unsurprisingly get narked

Comment

I don't think the situation with Watson is tenable much longer.

Don't know what happens from here,

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1149414206174846976

Comment

If the price of stopping a Corbyn Government is to sacrifice their own careers on the way, I'm pretty sure they will do it.

Comment

Watson is tweeting about protecting whistleblowers. I think he has made up his mind and is trying to engineer martyrdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                  If the price of stopping a Corbyn Government is to sacrifice their own careers on the way, I'm pretty sure they will do it.
                                                  one thing Watson will never do is sacrifice his own career. But I'm sure "the man who stoped Corbyn" will be handsomely rewarded. Like the man who turned a blind eye to torture is

Comment

https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1149445708732338183

Comment

Working...
                                                    X