Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are incredible.

Comment

Like I said in the other thread, right at the time that the Tories are publicly at war with each other, all Labour has to do is keep their head down. But no. Regular as clockwork.

Comment

Vaz has been a tool for a long time, ever since he failed to condemn the fatwa on Rushdie.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
          Oh, don't try to bring accuracy into it. That letter is brilliant.

"The disciplinary process should be independent and free from interference. We call on Corbyn to interfere with the disciplinary process".

Vaz, by the way, has said the decision of the three man panel should be reconsidered. One of the panel voting to approve the decision was... Keith Vaz.

What is it about the Sensibles that makes them so... stupid?
          Who does Keith Vaz speak for, other than Keith Vaz?

Comment

One would assume, in this instance, Vaz is speaking on behalf of the three person panel who had just made the decision that he voted for.

Comment

Anyway, what about this reselection thing? The universal verdict in the commentary I’ve seen is that the enormous transfer of power from the unions to the members will have no consequences, which is a narrative I remember from 2015.

But on the bright side, if there are significant reselections, it may spare us no deal - if it means enough MPs are released from the whip and choose to support a form of withdrawal agreement rather than allowing the lemming dive.

Comment

One would assume, in this instance, Vaz is speaking on behalf of the three person panel who had just made the decision that he voted for.
                None of them agreed with their own decision? Fair enough.

I guess I assumed you meant he had some sort of position of credence within a wider Corbyn-loathing movement, which seemed a stretch - he voted in favour of Corbyn being automatically nominated in 2017, for example.
                Last edited by Lucy Waterman; 27-06-2019, 20:22.

Comment

It would appear that people within the leader's office (such as Laura Murray) were keener to get clean, decisive action against people like Williamson than the panel. They certainly should have sent it upstairs for further investigation.

The Sensibles don't seem to want a proper independent process, otherwise they wouldn't keep calling for Corbyn to improperly intervene in it, but it's a fucking mess really. Much of which is also a legacy of the McNichol era.

Happy enough with the reselection thing, despite the predictable pearl-clutching response. Fresh blood is needed, and not just to boost the left, because there's some on our ranks who want cleaning out too. (Williamson, if he can be called 'left', being one of them)

Comment

Possibly more concerning is the RMT kicking Clive Lewis off their parliamentary group because he dared slag off Lexit activist Eddie Dempsey, for his Farage platform-sharing. There's a worrying divide opening up between a kind of reductive "Blue Corbynism" and the more obviously anti-racist remainder of the movement.

Comment

If re-selection gets rid of Williamson, Hoey, Mann, Woodcock and several others then fine by me.

Comment

88 year old Rupert Murdoch is worrying about the health of 70 year old Jeremy Corbyn

[URL]https://twitter.com/mshelicat/status/1144705656886366208?s=21[/URL]

though when I read this paragraph I wondered if Berbaslug is moonlighting at the Times

[URL]https://twitter.com/benton_dan/status/1144717881462218752?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                          Possibly more concerning is the RMT kicking Clive Lewis off their parliamentary group because he dared slag off Lexit activist Eddie Dempsey, for his Farage platform-sharing. There's a worrying divide opening up between a kind of reductive "Blue Corbynism" and the more obviously anti-racist remainder of the movement.
                          Honestly, if the RMT want to play in the No2EU sandbox from now on because Soros’ Jew influence has wrapped its tentacles around, oh, everybody else under 35 besides Eddie Dempsey, then fine with me. Just throw that route back into Labour away lads because Fourth Railway Package yada yada, as if SNCF and Deutsche Bahn are getting privatised this millennium.

Comment

There's an awful pressure to pick sides between twats who are weaponising anti-Semetism and a dickhead who can't keep his mouth shut. I'd like them all to fuck off, really.

Comment

If re-selection gets rid of Williamson, Hoey, Mann, Woodcock and several others then fine by me.
                              Woodcock isn’t a Labour MP any more so wouldn’t be subject to reselection. Don’t know whether he’d run as an independent.

More inreresting to me is the prospect of Tories deselecting Remain supporters, which could prevent me from the misery of voting in a Tory/Brexit marginal.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                Can you expand on what you mean by Blue Corbynism, E10? Outside of the movement it’s easy to be unaware of the divides and see it all as a bloc.

Comment

My Twitter and Facebook feeds are full of Corbyn doing handsprings and the like.

Comment

The Times story is an obvious wind up that they've probably been holding in reserve ever since Aaron Bastani sent out a weird tweet claiming that people were only down on Seumas Milne because they envy his wiry, youthful sex-bod.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post

Woodcock isn’t a Labour MP any more so wouldn’t be subject to reselection. Don’t know whether he’d run as an independent.

More inreresting to me is the prospect of Tories deselecting Remain supporters, which could prevent me from the misery of voting in a Tory/Brexit marginal.
                                      Maybe the deselected Remainer would stand as an Independent?

But on a broader point, if the Tories deselect most of their centrists but still scrape a majority, the country is going to swing to the right alarmingly. Then it's truly fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                        The Times story is an obvious wind up that they've probably been holding in reserve ever since Aaron Bastani sent out a weird tweet claiming that people were only down on Seumas Milne because they envy his wiry, youthful sex-bod.
                                        They even call it a "Times Investigation" despite the quotes looking somewhat fake. This used to be the paper of record, ffs.

Comment

It's a comic now

Next week- Rebecca Long Bailey eats dead Corbyn's corpse

Comment

The BBC have the TV rights to the comic.

[URL]https://twitter.com/bbcpolitics/status/1145010935075082241?s=21[/URL]

News is reduced to repeating Johnson’s attack lines, too.

[URL]https://twitter.com/bbcnews/status/1144971342325919744?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Superannuated is one of those words which used to be very salient, but then dropped off a cliff in terms of public understanding.

Comment

I've always thought that Corbyn was very sprightly for his years. I hope I'm as fit as he is when I hit the old three score years and ten mark.
                                                Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 30-06-2019, 14:13.

Comment

He cycles a lot of the time...
                                                  Or certainly used to.

Comment

Lisa Nandy is telling lies in the Financial Times. She claims that Chris Williamson remains 'unapologetic' over the remarks that got him suspended. This is not true: Williamson released a fullsome and apologetic statement back in February, four months ago. I'd have thought four months would be enough for it to percolate into Nandy's awareness.

Sad to see her joining the Centrist Death Cult where truth doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X