Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

How is it going to all pan out?

We're in a ludicrous crisis, entirely of our own making. Half the country is despondent and angry, half the country is jubilant and angry.

Most of the Tories in the Leave campaign seem to not actually want to go through with leaving. Both political parties are in crisis, we effectively have no government. Scotland and Norn Iron are making noises about leaving. The uncertainty alone will set us back years.

I would be surprised by nothing now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote: Yeah I think so- the former anyway. If half the PLP join the Lib Dems they become the official opposition, is that right? Maybe there was a long term strategic method in Nick Clegg's madness after all.
      #MysticClegg

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I think the Opposition thing is officially in Bercow's gift.

It does sort of feel like a split is inevitable now. If there is a leadership election, it might retrospectively be seen as a battle over who got to keep the Labour name.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Surely we need a Leave Party and a Remain Party.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lucy Waterman wrote: It does sort of feel like a split is inevitable now. If there is a leadership election, it might retrospectively be seen as a battle over who got to keep the Labour name
            Fucking hell, it's starting to sound like Buck's Fizz.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

sw2bureau wrote: Surely we need a Leave Party and a Remain Party.
              The Remain Party is the Lib Dems. Regrettably the Tories wiped them out last year.

Edit - oh, you mean a Leave and Remain Labour? Why would you try to beat the Conservatives to such a thing?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

sw2bureau wrote: Surely we need a Leave Party and a Remain Party.
                Given the er, "confusion" post-referendum, there would need to be a Leave People's Front, a People's Front of Leave, a Leave Popular Front ...

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Marcel Mumpeau wrote:
                  Originally posted by Lucy Waterman
                  It does sort of feel like a split is inevitable now. If there is a leadership election, it might retrospectively be seen as a battle over who got to keep the Labour name
                  I am, as I have always been, a pragmatic supporter of David Van Day's Original Labour Party Experience.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Well, I'm slightly in bitter jest here, but right now the Leave Party doesn't command a majority in Parliament. And the Leave Party needs one to do the Parliamentary and diplomatic business over the next few years. And HM's Opposition, the Remain Party, needs to be holding them to account.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn refused to confirm he had voted Remain when asked by Chris Bryant.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lucy Waterman wrote:
                        Originally posted by Marcel Mumpeau
                        It does sort of feel like a split is inevitable now. If there is a leadership election, it might retrospectively be seen as a battle over who got to keep the Labour name
                        I am, as I have always been, a pragmatic supporter of David Van Day's Original Labour Party Experience.
                        At least you didn't waste any time making your mind up.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Wasn't it Dollar who had the name wrangle?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

No fan of Corbyn as a leader but Hilary Benn and cohorts are being really unintelligent and have acted the Arse for months.

It should be the Tories in meltdown not us.

The important question for the government is what's the plan.

Instead labour have declared a civil war.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote:
                              Something about "securing the best deal for Britain". The best deal for Britain is the one we had before.
                              Yeah there was a referendum though Tubbs (which I realise you didn't vote in)
                              I want him to do a Dan Ashcroft Preacher Man.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

27 off front bench now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote: Yeah I think so- the former anyway. If half the PLP join the Lib Dems they become the official opposition, is that right? Maybe there was a long term strategic method in Nick Clegg's madness after all.
                                  Joined by a good chunk of business-minded Tories. They can call themselves The Alliance, or something.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

28 now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Paul Mason is a gobshite. Calling people who might challenge Corbyn "the candidates of Goldman Sachs".

He ought to have carried on his more "objective" style.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

GCostanza wrote: Wasn't it Dollar who had the name wrangle?
                                        You really need to work harder at your sectarian history.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Walt Flanagans Chien wrote:
                                          Originally posted by Marcel Mumpeau
                                          At least you didn't waste any time making your mind up.
                                          There's a way to describe the "land" a lot of Corbynistas live in, but I can't quite place it right now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lisa Nancy and Owen Smith gone now. It's 30.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Basically, David Van Day left Dollar and joined Bucks Fizz with Mike Nolan. Then Mike Nolan left Bucks Fizz to form Bucks Fizz Unity, while David Van Day continued as the Alliance For Bucks Fizz.

Meanwhile, a disaffected Theresa Bazar took a peerage and led the Lib Dems in the Lords.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

John Healey and Angela Eagle. It's 32.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lucy Waterman wrote: Basically, David Van Day left Dollar and joined Bucks Fizz with Mike Nolan. Then Mike Nolan left Bucks Fizz to form Bucks Fizz Unity, while David Van Day continued as the Alliance For Bucks Fizz.

Meanwhile, a disaffected Theresa Bazar took a peerage and led the Lib Dems in the Lords.
                                                  So we called ourselves The Originals again.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I forgot the bit about Bobby G murdering Cheryl with an icepick.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X