Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

I have been one of Livingstone's supporters but, around the time he rejoined the Labour Party in 2003 when he could have told them to fuck off and still been mayor the second time around, I started doubting him and he has never returned to the principled politician that I felt he was previously. I still agree with a lot of what he comes out with but not enough. This could have been a good role for him and still could be but he is going to have to fight off the controversy he has got himself in.

I am not sure how this can be seen as anything but a very good and strong reaction from Corbyn. Caroline Flint has just been on saying that, as this was happening at PMQs, no-one knew about it until after and Corbyn said straight away that he was going to be on the phone to Ken. Next thing you know, the apology has happened. The Telegraph has, obviously, got their negative spin in but, to anyone sensible, it was good leadership.

What is less impressive is that Eagles was apparently told by an announcement on Twitter that she was the Chairman. Someone somewhere has fucked up there, probably not Corbyn but he will cop the fall-out.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Yep, fair play to Corbyn.

But from what you say about Eagle there. It's like England cricketers in the 80s learning they were dropped from Ceefax.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUF9Fu2W4AA6cj2.jpg
        Fieldwork done before this shitstorm, so after the tax credits fuck up by the government.

Non-voters are going to vote to register to vote to keep out Corbyn at this rate.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

The Grauniad article is an appalling Straw Man job, pretending that Corbyn (and by implication anyone skeptical about bombing ISIS) is stating that ISIS is entirely a product of western foreign policy, which the author then compares to someone treating the Treaty of Versailles as the only factor in the rise of Hitler.

Corbyn's actual statement(s) are clearly along the lines of "ISIS are 100% responsible for their own evil deeds but let's look at whether our actions made it easier for them to emerge", which seems to me a perfectly sane position, given that ISIS would be a far different beast had Iraq not been invaded in 2003. Of course Jihadism would still exist but for the author to pretend that western policy somehow has no effect is just shitty history on his own part.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/17/jihadism-western-policy-jeremy-corbyn-isis

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Appaz the politician being slaughtered across all media and attacked by out of date out of touch right wing careerist shits in senior positions in his own party isn't going to win the election that isn't happening at the moment.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I'm not sure anyone much cares what Blairites think, do they? I've never heard anyone say "I like that Tristram Hunt, and if he won't serve under Corbyn etc.."

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Satchmo Distel wrote: The Grauniad article is an appalling Straw Man job, pretending that Corbyn (and by implication anyone skeptical about bombing ISIS) is stating that ISIS is entirely a product of western foreign policy, which the author then compares to someone treating the Treaty of Versailles as the only factor in the rise of Hitler.

Corbyn's actual statement(s) are clearly along the lines of "ISIS are 100% responsible for their own evil deeds but let's look at whether our actions made it easier for them to emerge", which seems to me a perfectly sane position, given that ISIS would be a far different beast had Iraq not been invaded in 2003. Of course Jihadism would still exist but for the author to pretend that western policy somehow has no effect is just shitty history on his own part.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/17/jihadism-western-policy-jeremy-corbyn-isis
                Yeah. That's the political reporter trying to do grown up writing.

it takes an effort of analytical obtuseness to make aggressive western governments the initiating agent of all that is sinister, void of good intent or positive consequence, and thus explain jihadism as a symptom, with the CIA and Tony Blair as the virus. As if the Taliban should have been left to rule Afghanistan
                I think the point is that the Taliban wouldn't have ruled anything without Western support, isn't it?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Tubby Isaacs wrote: I'm not sure anyone much cares what Blairites think, do they? I've never heard anyone say "I like that Tristram Hunt, and if he won't serve under Corbyn etc.."
                  Not really how it works, as you know.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

TonTon wrote:
                    Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
                    I'm not sure anyone much cares what Blairites think, do they? I've never heard anyone say "I like that Tristram Hunt, and if he won't serve under Corbyn etc.."
                    Not really how it works, as you know.
                    I don't think they're that important.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

He'd be very sad to read that. He clearly thinks he's very important. The fucking scab.

No, I can't imagine anyone knows who Hunt is, in the scheme of things. That doesn't mean that his and his careerist wanker cohorts' campaign to undermine Labour's leader isn't having some effect.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It's having some effect, but it's not like the big beasts of the Labour Right in the early 80s. Some of them had cross party appeal. Callaghan in particular used to trounce Thatcher on personal ratings. There's nobody like that on the Right now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I agree, they are all nonentities

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Of course, they know Tristram Hunt. They think he's Jeremy Hunt...or Ben Fogle.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

TonTon wrote: I agree, they are all nonentities
                              I take your point though. Even nonentities can create a sense of confusion and all that.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                                Originally posted by Bizarre Löw Triangle
                                Originally posted by dalliance
                                I'd imagine that dropping in a snatch squad to try and capture him would be logistically incredibly challenging and open up the risk of much greater loss of life.

BLT. Would Emwazi qualify as a non-military target?
                                IDK. But given IS aren't exactly short of executioners and he wasn't in a position of command, it's hard to argue his killing was a military goal.
                                Yeah, exactly. It's not nice thinking of him sitting there boasting to his mates about how much of a cunt he is, like some old villain on the Costa. But he's not exactly got much of a future.
                                It's hard to know what his exact role was within the group but he was certainly trusted to drive a lot of the propaganda videos which we know is a very important tool for ISIS. And he's probably one of the few individuals in the group that any of us in the west could name, so that has plenty of weight.

I read a lengthy piece in either The Times of The Guardian about him and his apparent death which seemed to take place when he left a meeting and got into a car near the corner of the town square in Raqqa. There seemed to be quite a lot of information about his routine and how hard it had been to get a trace on him.

It claimed he never spent the night in the same place twice, changed cars two or three times a day always using modest vehicles and travelled by back roads rather than main road. He had a protection team too which suggests he carried clout within the organisation.

There has been no official confirmation by ISIS that he is dead but that's not uncommon. An American military source claimed they were 99% certain he was dead.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Good point about his protection. Otherwise, might just be that he was good in front of a camera.

In the meantime, lefty pacifist Corbyn backs police against Osborne cuts.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/18/police-cuts-will-make-an-isis-attack-in-uk-easier-former-scotland-yard-chief-warns

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Now I am not saying anything but my wife and I just did that "Your most used words on Facebook" thing. Her most used word was my first name. Mine was "Corbyn"

Comment

Corb Blimey!

So, yeah...

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Didn't see that coming.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Forget that. Catastrophe:

http://www.totalpolitics.com/blog/452396/jez-walks-out-on-jez.thtml

Peep Show star Robert Webb has quit the Labour party saying his heart is “not in it”

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Hilarious nonentity prick

Comment

Corb Blimey!

New series of Peep Show is pretty good though.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

TonTon wrote: Hilarious nonentity prick
                                                He's quit over Seumas Milne's appointment. Does he go up in your estimation?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Nice picture of the John McDonnell's economic advisors first meeting

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                                                    Originally posted by TonTon
                                                    Hilarious nonentity prick
                                                    He's quit over Seumas Milne's appointment. Does he go up in your estimation?
                                                    Haha.

Not quite, he hasn't.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X