• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1405884408201158660?s=20

Comment

This is probably the best place for this thread
      https://twitter.com/barneycarroll/status/1419239428506140672?s=21

Comment

I just had a look back at early pages. Wowzers. Like looking back at some of the France anti-muslim law stuff on here. Some really rotten stuff from some. Mostly as far as I can tell people who've left. Or maybe I've blocked, but then I think I'd see evidence of them now, even if not whole.posts.

So, you know, on the bright side, this place has got better.
        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 25-07-2021, 16:15.

Comment

]
          Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          I just had a look back at early pages. Wowzers. Like looking back at some of the France anti-muslim law stuff on here. Some really rotten stuff from some. Mostly as far as I can tell people who've left. Or maybe I've blocked, but the. I think I'd see evidence of them now.evwn if not whole.posts.

So, you know, on the bright side, this place has got better.
          You got mr doing that too, damn you. A distraction from the thunderstorm,

nesrly 6 years ago
          this from the now departed Lucy Waterman made me smile

Is it appalling to suggest that the leader of the opposition should be trying not to piss people off for no good reason?

Comment

Soz.

(I'm loving the storm, mind)

Comment

Not sure how serious this is

https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/1550375760556445697?t=5ZHItwIjg8Gm6HZR8HuPtA&s=19

Comment

Having read Owen Jones' book 'This Land' I sincerely hope he doesn't. He's a appalling administrative politician; McDonnell would be a far better bet.

Comment

Assuming Labour wouldn't select him, all that would do is give a free pass to the Tories.

Comment

Sounds like a load of old nonsense tbh.

Comment

I'm posting this not as an ad hominem but to show how bad a set of ideas can become, even in good faith. I only needed to get to page 3 to find something that Starmer might have said last week. The idea that we "need the consent of the business community" (but note, not the unions) makes you wonder what the point of the Labour Party even existing is supposed to be.

Originally posted by Lucy Waterman View Post
                      Corb Blimey!

Well, my primary answer to that would be that you don't arrestca rightward drift by abdicating from being an electable opposition. Because that allows the Tories to go further right with impunity, not fearing any damage at the polls.

The Labour Party in power has an obligation to roll back some of these frontiers, but they can only do that with the consent of the British people, and that includes the business community and the press.

Comment

This was the energy that Corbyn connected to. great to know that it's still out there despite the best efforts of the entire media class, Starmer,

https://twitter.com/AdamRamsay/status/1551129687992188928?s=20&t=fVtRML-vU1gVkmlR1J4DJw

Comment

The idea of Corbyn running for mayor sounds like people adding two and two together and getting 10. That people who like Corbs might want him to run is plausible, that he'd take them up on it less so. Won't happen, and is a daft idea at his age. And also because he wouldn't be very good at it

Comment

Yeah this thread is a history lesson. Back in 2015 people were confident he wouldn't be leader at the next election ... in 2020. He led the party in 2 elections before 2020 and outlasted 2 Tory leaders.

I was never a believer but he did better than I ever thought possible.

Comment

Working...
                            X