No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now McDonnell has sparked civil war at Slab Branch Office by appearing to be sanguine on IndyRef 2. Beautiful.

if only Wings over Scotland cunt wasn't threatening to be Scotland's Bath based Trump right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight shadow View Post
      Those people are complete and utter arseholes and should fuck off and..well, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

I suppose it's possible that they'll negotiate a deal and tell the public they did a terrible job, and had been wrong for the past 3 or 4 years when they'd been saying they could have negotiated a good deal that would allow a good-for-Britain Brexit. I'm not sure that's a compelling message to sell about party competence. Like other aspects of Labour policy, I'm being asked to take a lot on faith that they'll do the right thing even when saying that they won't.
        You seem to be wilfully misreading and/or misrepresenting my point - for example, neither I nor Labour have ever said they'd negotiate a 'good for Britain Brexit' - so I think I'll stop there.

Comment

https://twitter.com/flaviblePolitic/status/1161017270258348034?s=19

The 'great' British public 'speak'?

Comment

FPTP has so much to answer for.

Comment

That and a failure by pig-headed idiots, of all hues, to embrace Tactical voting.

Comment

That would be an interesting outcome

Comment

(A huge proportion of those who vote vote tactically)

Comment

That poll (and the associated ones) has been thoroughly debunked by people actually looking at the background data used to compile the supporting findings published in the Telegraph.

Comment

How do you debunk a UK GE poll?

Comment

Why would I worry that much about a poll which has Labour with approximately 20% of the deficit they had going into the 2017 election? I’ve read some of Dom Cummings’ manifesto, it’s just as coke addled as anything Nick Timothy came up with.

Comment

I think one of the most excellent things about Labour's better-than-expected defeat in 2017 is the complacency it has engendered among supporters.

Comment

What’s good about that?

Comment

He's basically a Tory...

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                I think one of the most excellent things about Labour's better-than-expected defeat in 2017 is the complacency it has engendered among supporters.
                                Are you just copy/pasting tweets from Luke Akehurst now?

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post
                                  That and a failure by pig-headed idiots, of all hues, to embrace Tactical voting.
                                  I'm sorry but apart from isolated by-elections I don't see TV on a big scale ever happening in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

I'm sorry but apart from isolated by-elections I don't see TV on a big scale ever happening in the UK.

You'd be surprised. People use it for sitcoms, football games and all sorts of things these days, although by-election reports are still the biggest crowd-puller admittedly.

Comment

And sh*t jokes unsurprisingly enough.

Comment

Haha!

Gimmie a hug, Gonzo.

Comment

How do you debunk a UK GE poll?
                                          It was part of some Telegraph push-polling. Among other bits - https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1161055846434054144

Comment

It's not complacency, it's confidence in/acknowledgement of the the process via which we get the numbers up again, which include purdah, the policies, and getting people out on the street. I'm keener to do that than anything else at the moment, and for what it's worth I have a few friends who think the same, including one who voted Green last time and can't wait now to go and get out the Tory in Shoreham (which we have a good chance of doing). Genuinely, I've not met anybody in Labour who is complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                              That poll (and the associated ones) has been thoroughly debunked by people actually looking at the background data used to compile the supporting findings published in the Telegraph.
                                              The Flavible one?

The size of Labour's task is getting bigger, not smaller though. And really emphasises the need for TV.

But which looks a pipedream.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

It was part of some Telegraph push-polling. Among other bits - https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1161055846434054144
                                                That's a terrible question, agreed. Was it asked before the top-line voting question?

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post

It's not complacency, it's confidence in/acknowledgement of the the process via which we get the numbers up again, which include purdah, the policies, and getting people out on the street. I'm keener to do that than anything else at the moment, and for what it's worth I have a few friends who think the same, including one who voted Green last time and can't wait now to go and get out the Tory in Shoreham (which we have a good chance of doing). Genuinely, I've not met anybody in Labour who is complacent.
                                                  There's an element of potato/potahto here, of course.

The keenness you mention is a real thing, agreed. I do wish you'd get people out on the street at other times, but that's me wanting something from an electoralist social democratic party which it's never going to do.

I'm unconvinced that there's good evidence of a strong cause and effect relationship between those things and Labour's performance in 2017. But I'm not an electoralist social democrat and I don't think I'm any kind of expert on electoral politics.

I am sure that even if you're right, shrugging off consistently terrible polling data is a mistake, though. "We can do better in an election campaign" doesn't mean "it doesn't matter how popular we are outside an election campaign".

Comment

The trouble is that a fair amount of the consistently terrible polling data is from consistently terrible polling methodology. I presume Labour and the Conservative both have their private polling data, and Labour anti-austerity policies must be pretty popular otherwise the Conservatives wouldn't keep stealing them.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X