No announcement yet.

Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O'Mara is denying the allegations by Sophie Evans, but I doubt she would make them if untrue. She is very convincing here IMHO.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 26-10-2017, 13:57.

Comment

Please don't link to Guido Fawkes.

Comment

Pal off another board who gave up a fair bit of time giving an outside view to other CLPs on candidates is a bit miffed at being described as a "backroom fixer" by Paul Mason.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
          O'Mara is denying the allegations by Sophie Evans, but I doubt she would make them if untrue. She is very convincing here IMHO.
          An alternative take.

I'm with E10 on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
            Please don't link to Guido Fawkes.
            Sorry, corrected.

Comment

Jackie Walker opines.

“Ok so it turns out Jared O’Mara is an anti Zionist who has asked 3 questions in Parliament relating to Palestine and so on. Pictured at the Pal Right of Return centre not so long ago. Therefore we can safely surmise that the extreme social media digging going right back to 2002 was of course a deliberate attempt to discredit him. Unfortunately in this case they dug and they found exactly what they needed to get him booted out. Thanks to Yael Kahn for pointing out in FSOI today the name of the law firm employed as investigators and legal defenders to bolster anti BDS actions in this country. Apparently they have been given a blank cheque to do this. Perhaps it is they that employed someone to find all this dirt on O’Mara? They have no limits and will go to any lengths to discredit anti zionists.”

Comment

The fuck? There are bigger BDS supporters in Parliament to target than this wee fanny.

Comment

I hadn't heard of Walker before but I will steer clear of her after seeing the quotes attributed to her on the slave trade and Holocaust. Nasty antisemitic scum. Jared's got enough problems without getting lumped in with that spew.

Comment

The best bit is "they'll go to any lengths", when Jared just had his own words quoted back at him. You'd think "they" had planted a load of heroin in his car or something.

Comment

Corbyn is rightly "snubbing" the chance to sit down to dinner with war criminal Netanyahu to celebrate the hundred years of shit caused by the Balfour Declaration. This proves that he's an anti semite.

Comment

Am I being naive in thinking this stuff isn't flying like it was a while back? Do all that many people think opposition to the Israeli Government is beyond the pale?

In other news, sounds like a good performance at PMQs but nonetheless illustrating my frustration:

Jeremy Corbyn has rounded on Theresa May over her government’s record on curbing tax avoidance and evasion, saying failure to ensure the super-rich paid their share meant there was now “one rule for the rich and another for the rest of us”.

The Labour leader used prime minister’s questions to call out the Conservatives for repeatedly blocking legislation, both at home and in Europe, that would combat tax fraud and financial crime.

He said Britain had been working to block a French proposal that would have placed Bermuda, a UK overseas territory and key location for offshore companies, on an EU blacklist of tax havens.
                        See, I think this is a good "populist" point in favour of the EU, and there aren't all that many of those. As ever I appreciated that he's got to be careful, and can't just bin Brexit or anything, but can't he develop the point a bit further? Commit Labour to as full integration with the EU's international tax avoidance efforts, or something?

Comment

PMQs isn't really where the opposition gets to make policy pronouncements (or where anyone gets to do anything at all except accuse their oppos of smelling of wee and looking a bit funny), so he had to keep it about May's inadequacies really. It being PM's Qs and that.

Comment

Fair point. They'd have to prepare the policy a bit before it, but it would have been nice to have that done while they hit May.

I'm sure it's very complicated, and it's not the leader's speciality, which is fine, he's doing a decent generalist job. But then you think, can Labour be short of lawyers? Surely not. Somebody needs to be doing better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                              Am I being naive in thinking this stuff isn't flying like it was a while back? Do all that many people think opposition to the Israeli Government is beyond the pale?
                              You'd think so but there are large sections of the press which adoringly quote Mark Regev (Israel's own Chemical Ali) on this stuff and otherwise fairly sensible people I encounter on FB who seem inclined to do the same

Comment

I was naive about my own naivety.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post

In other news, sounds like a good performance at PMQs but nonetheless illustrating my frustration:

See, I think this is a good "populist" point in favour of the EU, and there aren't all that many of those. As ever I appreciated that he's got to be careful, and can't just bin Brexit or anything, but can't he develop the point a bit further? Commit Labour to as full integration with the EU's international tax avoidance efforts, or something?
                                  Someone has said this is preparation for "Panama Papers 2"

Comment

Michael Fallon has resigned as Defence Secretary

Comment

Someone has said this is preparation for "Panama Papers 2"
                                      Cheers, I'd missed that.

I think Amber Rudd has a bit of previous here.

Comment

Yes tax avoidance in the Bahamas. Share ramping co director jailed for fraud.

her dad was pretty dodgy come to that

Like David Cameron's in fact.
                                        Last edited by Nefertiti2; 01-11-2017, 21:03.

Comment

Cheers. It's all quite a while ago, but she must be hoping that co-director never needs cash quickly.

Comment

Jeremy is on celebrity Gogglebox tomorrow.

Comment

Christ. For Charidee I guess. Could be like Blair hanging out with Wheeler 18 and the like, a Culture Defining Moment for the future PM.

Comment

This is a really excellent long read on the Labour left and how it got from there to here. Informed, speaks to the right people, understands context and trends. Not enough of this sort of stuff about

Comment

i enjoyed it E10, and it was obviously well researched although i felt it focussed a bit too much on Corbyn, Abbot and McDonnell and not enough on the political context in which the change took place...

Comment

i enjoyed it E10, and it was obviously well researched although i felt it focussed a bit too much on Corbyn, Abbot and McDonnell and not enough on the political context in which the change took place...
                                                    I’d have like more of how McDonnell’s leader campaign was sabotaged by Brown whose people worked tirelessly to prevent McDonnell getting the 45 nominations. Was that paranoia or did Brown think he’d have a chance of planting a flag in the ground which he was determined to prevent?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X