Corb Blimey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

Back in mediaval times when the dominant institution went to war with itself you ended up with a Pope and Anti-Pope.

That would be interesting.

It all went horribly, horribly wrong for Labour when they elected Ed Milliband. As a (smug) vegetarian, it's interesting to note that Ed will be remembered for a bacon sandwich incident and Cameron for what happened at a hog roast. The moral of the story is elect a vegan leader.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Kerry McCarthy?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Here's a sidenote - the Tories should take note of the influence of Seumas Milne on all this coming to pass. Don't put someone who will always put ideology before pragmatism with their hands on the levers of power.

But they may still put Dominic Cummings inside Number Ten.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

What is the influence of Seumas Milne on all this?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn announces new top team. Dr Eoin Clarke (Lab, Twitter) will be Shadow Foreign Secretary.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn could do with endorsing somebody else - McDonnell, even Clive Lewis - and standing down. Though if he doesn't, it certainly won't be him destroying the Labour Party.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Dunkerque- Gare de Nord wrote:
                  "...and Climate Change..."

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote: What is the influence of Seumas Milne on all this?
                    Milne got two big calls wrong. Authorising the Vice documentary and pursuing the arms-length approach to Stronger In (according to multiple sources). Without those two things I think there would still have been a coup attempt, but it would not have been so combustible.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

johnr wrote: Corbyn could do with endorsing somebody else - McDonnell, even Clive Lewis - and standing down. Though if he doesn't, it certainly won't be him destroying the Labour Party.
                      I think Len McClusky has been the only person to openly announce his candidacy for "man who spilts the Labour Party" so far.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Btw, the efficacy of this coordinated resignation should give anyone fondly contemplating "reselection of the traitors" following a Corbyn victory pause for thought.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It's 33 gone now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Btw, the efficacy of this coordinated resignation should give anyone fondly contemplating "reselection of the traitors" following a Corbyn victory pause for thought.
                            I don't follow.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote:
                              I don't follow.
                              They could resign the whip en masse if mandatory reselections are suggested.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Well, why not? Then they could carry on trying to undermine the party in good conscience, no longer being members.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Well, if you think that's the best way forward for Labour. It sounds like an utterly needless disaster that would hand the Tories many extra seats.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

But it seems a very real possibility, I guess. One cannot trust Corbyn to make decisions on the basis of potential electoral disaster. And there is already No Way Back From Here.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Indeed, I hope all those clowns resigning today because Corbyn didn't go on tv to suck the prime minister's cock know that the die is cast now one way or t'other.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote: Indeed, I hope all those clowns resigning today because Corbyn didn't go on tv to suck the prime minister's cock know that the die is cast now one way or t'other.
                                        They're resigning because they'll get killed in a General Election.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

So everybody who confidently said it wasn't like the early 80s....

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Nah, they're resigning to bring down Corbyn, on the principle of never letting a good crisis go to waste. A general election is the least of their worries.

Though, partly as a result of this meltdown, they probably will get killed in a general election even after they get their man.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

That's what's bringing together the left and the right of the party? From Hillary Benn to Lisa Nandy, the desire is an ideological one to bring down Corbyn and screw the GE? I think not.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I think so. 'Bringing together the left and the right of the party' honestly, you do make me smile sometimes.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Does have a certain retro early 80s feel to it.

Remember those Labour Party meetings well where Thatcher was way down the list of enemies.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

If they were that cynical, wouldn't they want Corbyn to carry on, get pulverised in a GE and put the left back in its box for a generation? Or is there just too much likelihood that he'd win?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X