X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

Marcel Mumpeau wrote:
    Originally posted by Lucy Waterman
    It does sort of feel like a split is inevitable now. If there is a leadership election, it might retrospectively be seen as a battle over who got to keep the Labour name
    Fucking hell, it's starting to sound like Buck's Fizz.
    I am, as I have always been, a pragmatic supporter of David Van Day's Original Labour Party Experience.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Well, I'm slightly in bitter jest here, but right now the Leave Party doesn't command a majority in Parliament. And the Leave Party needs one to do the Parliamentary and diplomatic business over the next few years. And HM's Opposition, the Remain Party, needs to be holding them to account.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn refused to confirm he had voted Remain when asked by Chris Bryant.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lucy Waterman wrote:
          Originally posted by Marcel Mumpeau
          It does sort of feel like a split is inevitable now. If there is a leadership election, it might retrospectively be seen as a battle over who got to keep the Labour name
          I am, as I have always been, a pragmatic supporter of David Van Day's Original Labour Party Experience.
          At least you didn't waste any time making your mind up.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Wasn't it Dollar who had the name wrangle?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

No fan of Corbyn as a leader but Hilary Benn and cohorts are being really unintelligent and have acted the Arse for months.

It should be the Tories in meltdown not us.

The important question for the government is what's the plan.

Instead labour have declared a civil war.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote:
                Something about "securing the best deal for Britain". The best deal for Britain is the one we had before.
                Yeah there was a referendum though Tubbs (which I realise you didn't vote in)
                I want him to do a Dan Ashcroft Preacher Man.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

27 off front bench now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

N est à? wrote: Yeah I think so- the former anyway. If half the PLP join the Lib Dems they become the official opposition, is that right? Maybe there was a long term strategic method in Nick Clegg's madness after all.
                    Joined by a good chunk of business-minded Tories. They can call themselves The Alliance, or something.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

28 now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Paul Mason is a gobshite. Calling people who might challenge Corbyn "the candidates of Goldman Sachs".

He ought to have carried on his more "objective" style.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

GCostanza wrote: Wasn't it Dollar who had the name wrangle?
                          You really need to work harder at your sectarian history.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Walt Flanagans Chien wrote:
                            Originally posted by Marcel Mumpeau
                            At least you didn't waste any time making your mind up.
                            There's a way to describe the "land" a lot of Corbynistas live in, but I can't quite place it right now.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lisa Nancy and Owen Smith gone now. It's 30.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Basically, David Van Day left Dollar and joined Bucks Fizz with Mike Nolan. Then Mike Nolan left Bucks Fizz to form Bucks Fizz Unity, while David Van Day continued as the Alliance For Bucks Fizz.

Meanwhile, a disaffected Theresa Bazar took a peerage and led the Lib Dems in the Lords.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

John Healey and Angela Eagle. It's 32.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Lucy Waterman wrote: Basically, David Van Day left Dollar and joined Bucks Fizz with Mike Nolan. Then Mike Nolan left Bucks Fizz to form Bucks Fizz Unity, while David Van Day continued as the Alliance For Bucks Fizz.

Meanwhile, a disaffected Theresa Bazar took a peerage and led the Lib Dems in the Lords.
                                    So we called ourselves The Originals again.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I forgot the bit about Bobby G murdering Cheryl with an icepick.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Back in mediaval times when the dominant institution went to war with itself you ended up with a Pope and Anti-Pope.

That would be interesting.

It all went horribly, horribly wrong for Labour when they elected Ed Milliband. As a (smug) vegetarian, it's interesting to note that Ed will be remembered for a bacon sandwich incident and Cameron for what happened at a hog roast. The moral of the story is elect a vegan leader.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Kerry McCarthy?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Here's a sidenote - the Tories should take note of the influence of Seumas Milne on all this coming to pass. Don't put someone who will always put ideology before pragmatism with their hands on the levers of power.

But they may still put Dominic Cummings inside Number Ten.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

What is the influence of Seumas Milne on all this?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn announces new top team. Dr Eoin Clarke (Lab, Twitter) will be Shadow Foreign Secretary.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Corbyn could do with endorsing somebody else - McDonnell, even Clive Lewis - and standing down. Though if he doesn't, it certainly won't be him destroying the Labour Party.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X