Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond the Valley of the Celebrity Lookalike Quiz

Who's Susan Scott?

Anyway #6 looks like Christopher Lee (but maybe he doesn't count being dead n'all.)

Comment

Is Dave Gorman still on there pretending to be someone else pretending to be him?

[two minutes later]
      Yes... yes, he is.

Comment

Three Times A Reddy wrote: Is Dave Gorman still on there pretending to be someone else pretending to be him?

[two minutes later]
        Yes... yes, he is.
        Really?

I hope he gets work (and income) from this.

Comment

The only time he's actually been hired was by the production company making Modern Life Is Goodish when they heard he was doing a routine around the subject of lookalikes!

Comment

Is "Walliams" a common name there? It just sounds so strange.

Comment

Walliams' real surname is Williams. However the actors union Equity requires all it's members to have unique names. As there was already a David Williams he had to choose a different name, and opted to alter the first vowel of his surname.

Comment

Just went to have a quick peruse of the lookalike agency's site, and was intrigued to find there's a whole category alongside the expected 'Political', 'Popstars', 'Sports' etc. simply labelled 'Bond' — which is indeed all 007-related doppelgangery. What immediately caught my attention was one "Daniel Craig (Steve Wright)", which is truly a mental image to conjure with.

Oh, and I see there's a "Pierce Brosnan (Mark Williams)", as well. Presumably all the people who fulminated about Craig having the wrong hair colour will really be up in arms when they see the first ginger Bond.

Comment

International Velvet Android wrote:
                  Oh, and I see there's a "Pierce Brosnan (Mark Williams)", as well. Presumably all the people who fulminated about Craig having the wrong hair colour will really be up in arms when they see the first ginger Bond.
                  Yeah? I don't see it myself

Comment

Comment

Southport Zeb wrote: Walliams' real surname is Williams. However the actors union Equity requires all it's members to have unique names. As there was already a David Williams he had to choose a different name, and opted to alter the first vowel of his surname.
                      Interesting. I'm presuming he could have thrown his middle name or initial in there but chose not to. I have to admit, Walliams stands out, but reading it at first I thought it was a typo.

Comment

Well, effectively it is.

Comment

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
                          Originally posted by International Velvet Android
                          Yeah? I don't see it myself

At first glance I thought that was Dutch prime Minister Mark Rutte doing James Bond

Comment

Ouch. I think you might want to reduce the size of that image, or you'll wipe out everyone's mobile bandwidth for the month.

Comment

Stumpy, I was immediately picturing this Mark Williams, is all:
                              Not to be confused with this one, for example:
                              Although if this one, Professor Mark Williams of Oxford University, ever tires of life at the Centre for Suicide Research (so to speak) he should probably get in touch with the agency since he would make a much better modern Damon Hill than the one on their books:

Comment

Working...
                              X