Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

This curtain-twitching maniac is off her nut.

PARENTS are refusing to let their children swim in Levenshulme baths - because it's being hired for naked male swimming sessions.

Over the past nine months the pool has been hired out on a Thursday evening for private naturist group Naked Swim.

The group hires one of the two pools and is given use of the saunas, while regular public adults-only swimming takes place in the second pool.

But now local mums have learned about the sessions, some want them stopped.

They say it is inappropriate that people are bathing in the nude in a public pool.

Manchester Council has moved to reassure people that the sessions pose no hygiene or privacy risk but some mums are so concerned that they have pulled their children out of swimming lessons at the baths in protest.

Complained

One, Elaine Howarth, told the M.E.N she had complained to staff at the swimming pool, but was told they could not see what the fuss was about.

"I'm all for people having their own get-togethers, but why do they have to be naked? It just doesn't seem right," she said.

"All the local schools use the baths for their swimming lessons but most of the mothers I've been speaking to are now not going to allow their children to go anymore. It's horrible to think about."

Another mother, Lynne Mills, said she had pulled her son out of his lessons after learning what was going on. She is now considering using another pool.

She said: "I thought this was a joke when I first heard about it. This is a community pool that is used by OAP sessions and children. I am concerned about the hygiene aspect - they don't let children in pools without wearing clothes, so why should it be different for adults?

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

The hygiene side of it will be taken care of by the chlorine, I suspect. This is more about disgust.

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

I see Spearmint Rhino's dropped the horns...

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

This is more about disgust.
        But it's disgust at there having been, at some point, some naked people in the same body of water.

I don't actually have any hugely insightful talking points, I just found it a spectacularly small-minded attitude.

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

I like this comment:

why should'nt she voice her opinion, parents have the right to know whats happening in there area, its quite different to being abroad.

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

I suspect some people are having a bit of fun trying to get the most ridiculous comments they can onto the Manchester Evening News's board.

It was a pleasant surprise to see how reasonable most of the comments are.

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

Not sure I understand the hygiene concern, the tiny bit of tissue I would wear to cover my todger if I go swimming won't do much if I'm a dirty bugger...

If those weirdos are concerned about hygiene, they ought to make sure a mandatory shower is taken before going to swim which will help reduce the amount of chlorine in the water

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

1890's right. How is a chap in the altogether any less dirty than a child in a bathing costume which has probably sat in a rather less than clean bag for a while (the costume, I mean, not the child).

I can't stand public pools. I'm just squeamish about the crap that could get in them, even though I know they're likely to have been blitzed with chlorine. Plus I hate the stink of chlorine hanging around me for ages afterwards, and the dry horrors it wreaks on my skin. Yet I'll happily swim in the sewage filled seas.

Edit "Boris" has a good point

I'm naked under my clothes. Oh my god I might pollute the air.....keep your children indoors
                Boris
                2/04/2008 at 09:57

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

Also - as Carcass once pointed out on a previous 'Showers or Baths' thread - how do people feel about swimming in the sea, when there's been naked people swiming in it, with ballsacks and arsecracks and everything?!

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

And nips and flaps!

What they need to do is start a naked mother/daughter group to balance out the disgust.

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

And fish! Pissing and shitting in it, the filthy buggers!

Comment

Bathing Thread, Pt. 2

Fish fuck in it.
                        - WC Fields on why he didn't drink water.

Comment

Working...
                        X