Polish Blood, English Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top immigranting from British Poles who have been giving blood on mass today to fight discrimination in a positive way. Course, my blood has been largely Polish ever since I stumbled into my first Polski Sklep over a decade ago. To me it's sad that a group of people who pioneered the six cans of mad strong lager for a fiver deal feel the need to further prove their love for their adopted country.

Anyway, here's to Ukippers bleeding out as they refuse a transfusion lest they get infected with Polski blood.

If Polish blood is around 5% ABV it's probably the only type my body would accept.

Comment

It's all part of the Daily Mail's masterplan to make us all Polish so they can annex us.

Comment

Love the mad strong lager rennaisance the Poles and Baltic countries have brought to convenience stores. I do recommend, as a rule of thumb, never buying any which have a bird of prey on it, but other than that, all good.

Comment

The Poles have certainly mastered the art of complaining well.

As for the blood doning thing, I think it's brilliant but we need lots of ethnic minorities to give blood otherwise we won't have the stocks to treat them (blood type does vary with race).

I haven't donated anything for about 6 months since they closed the Brentwood blood doning centre down. I gave platelets every month for almost ten years but they closed it claiming they will use whole blood to get the platelets from. In other words, that pint of blood you give may have the platelets taken out and used elsewhere. However, once the platelets are gone, the blood is useless and can only be poured on tomatoes as it is rich in vitamin A (true fact).

We have a blood doning shortage in Britain in part caused by the closure of the most productive centre in the UK, namely Brentwood. And yes I am bitter about it (and also slightly pissed).

Comment

Paul S wrote:
            However, once the platelets are gone, the blood is useless and can only be poured on tomatoes as it is rich in vitamin A (true fact).
            I'm surprised you were told "the blood is useless" once platelets are removed. It is not true.

Comment

What can you do with it?

Genuine question as I have been told that once platelets have gone it cannot be used.

Comment

Whole blood can be separated into plasma / platelets from the primary pack after centrifugation.
                The primary pack has empty satellite packs already attached.

The remaining red cells and a few thimble-fulls of plasma can still be used for anaemia / acute haemorrhage etc.

The method you describe sounds like apheresis where the red cells are returned to the donor after platelets or plasma are collected.

I concur with the sentiments regarding ethnic blood groups and doning. Polish populations have a higher incidence of B and AB groups.

Our blood banks are not yet resorting, Tesco style, to sorting out our blood in 'ethnic sections'.

Comment

Strong Lager Ultras.

Forza Polish immigrants, and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Comment

Mrs. Thrillseeker used to work at the blood thingy in Oxford. She brought her work colleague home once - she had just come out of prison after serving four years of an eight year sentence for driving the getaway car in an armed robbery. She stayed with us for three years.

Carry on.

Comment

blood bank robbery getaway driver
                      she lived with us, still owes me a fiver

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote: Strong Lager Ultras.

Forza Polish immigrants, and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Supping on a Lech right now.

Comment

I'm burning up the highway early this morn
                          I'm passing everybody oh nothing but corn
                          Man outa my way I don't drive with my horn
                          Transfusion, transfusion
                          Oh, nurse I'm gonna make a new resolution
                          I'm never, never, never gonna rob a bank again
                          Put a gallon in me, Alan

Comment

It's the midnight hour.

Comment

Rowche Rumble

Put the crimson in me, Jim, son.

Comment

diggedy derek wrote: Love the mad strong lager rennaisance the Poles and Baltic countries have brought to convenience stores. I do recommend, as a rule of thumb, never buying any which have a bird of prey on it, but other than that, all good.
                                What is this great Polish beer of which you speak? It's passed me by I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X