Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't hate you for that (No, literally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm easily irritated, but I don't think I've ever experienced hatred for anyone. Not even Hitler or Myra Hindley. Annoyance, dislike, outrage, sure; but full-on hatred, never.

I've got an intellectual grasp of it as the absolute extreme of dislike, but I have no first-hand experience of it. Is there anything wrong with my brain or maybe I've lived a really sheltered life?

Hmm. I'd say I'm probably the opposite. I'm not easily irritated in the least. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Doesn't it bother you that...?" or "It really doesn't piss you off that....?" from either my wife or my mother in law.

(So, either my wife and mother in law are easily irritated/offended, or I'm simply not. Knowing me as I do, it's the latter.)

BUT...I do have very rare fits of (emotional) hatred. Nothing that manifests itself in any way, but quite vivid feelings of hatred/rage. Like when people are casually cruel, horribly unjust, or knowingly 'evil' and quite happy to be that way. Basically 'meanness' toward other human beings makes me want to be mean to them, and yes I see the irony, etc.

Comment

WOM wrote: Hmm. I'd say I'm probably the opposite. I'm not easily irritated in the least.

Comment

Stupid fucking GIFs. (And people who pronounce GIF wrong.)

Comment

Working...
        X