Breastfeeding nazis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breastfeeding nazis?

I assume his wife is, unless that bit at the end in brackets is more indicative than I at first imagined.

Good to see the Pope at least attempting to engage positively with this issue. I think his sentiment is more important than the fact his exact words might not have the perfect ring to them — is it a translation, or him speaking in his second (third? fourth?) language? In either case we probably shouldn't read too much into every semantic nuance.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Bored of Education wrote:

I assume you're having a baby? If so, congratulations.
      Yes, we are (and thank, you by the way!) - well, she is. I'll be there, of course, offering moral support, hovering over the nitrous oxide with an itchy trigger-finger and almost certainly receiving at least one punch to the solar plexus for being responsible for whatever pain she has to go through (and for using up all her nitrous oxide, probably.)

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Ever so happy for both of you.

It's a wonderful thing.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Jah Womble wrote:
          People who are 'offended' frequently like to wank over breasts, so it would seem their problem is with women having control of their breasts, which should be reserved for private guilty titillation.
          Some fall into that category, yes. The 'I'll decide when and where you can expose your breasts' brigade.

Unfortunate typo from G-Man there...
          I realise that I have an eminent reputation for committing unfortunate typos, but I cannot claim credit for this one.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

MsD wrote:
            It's just a question of personal choice and boundaries. A woman wants to be able to feed her child if it is necessary, but doesn't necessarily want anyone looking at her breasts, even if you're not looking lustfully or anything. The breasts haven't become milk bottles for the convenience of the child, they're still part of her, and tied into her sexuality and identity as a woman.
            I think there's a lot in this point by MsD. If I see a woman breastfeeding I tend to look away. Not because I'm offended by her breastfeeding, but because I have that option not to look whereas she probably does not have the option not to feed. And she might not want me to see her breasts. So I don't stare at her or make a fuss about it.

I have friends who have breast-fed their babies in the same room as me and engaged me in conversation and it felt a bit weird. But we all survived.

People just need to be grown up about these things.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

I think people will, in time, it's all going that way. No particular rush is there?.

I don't think the government needs to step in really. I don't think those that don't want to see it/do it are nasty for feeling that way that's for sure. That's an unfair, cowardly, pathetic and dare I say it - NASTY (oooooooh!) argument in itself.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

No particular rush is there?.
                Like, totally.
                They should've given Apartheid a few more years too.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Yeah. Tell the mother of an insistently squalling baby that there's loads of time, the priggish fuckwit at the other end of the café isn't an awful person, and will probably come around in a decade or two.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

"There, there. The freedom to discriminate is far more important than you being fed, little one."

Horseshit.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Luke: It's not a question of folk being 'nasty' for disliking public breastfeeding - I'd say it falls somewhere between being 'totally unreasonable' and 'none of their damn business'. But that's just me.

I realise that I have an eminent reputation for committing unfortunate typos, but I cannot claim credit for this one.
                      I was referring to the amusing notion of 'beastfeeding' in your previous post (11.41 yesterday), not the comment directly above!

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Ah, I see. That should cement my eminent reputation. In fact, I shall in future make typos like that on purpose, but without admitting it, in my bid to attain the status of typo-legend.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

G-Man wrote: Ah, I see. That should cement my eminent reputation. In fact, I shall in future make typos like that on purpose, but without admitting it, in my bid to attain the status of typo-legend.
                          If you'd started this thread, you'd probably have called it Andere Länder, andere Titten.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Accidentally, probably. On purpose? My wit doesn't match yours.

Comment

Breastfeeding nazis?

Missed a great typo/pun opportunity there, didn't I?

Comment

Working...
                              X