Youngsters aren't half queer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the A11, in a nothingy patch south of Norwich, PVA. They were playing chicken on their bikes.

Comment

laverte wrote: The cliché that women's sexuality is more 'fluid' than men's is not supported by these figures (nor by Kinsey's).
      Kinsey's research and persona are deeply flawed, to say the least. He was an advocate of incest and pedophilia, and the data from his book was based on an extremely biased sample; 55% of the men sampled were convicts, including a large number of child molesters, and the women's sample included an abnormally large population of prostitutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJwru7I1aY
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dud_se0unkQ

Comment

Linus, the signficance and value of Kinsey's work is a topic of ongoing debate, but you need to stop forming your worldview on the basis of crazy people's youtube videos.

"Fox Searchlight", FFS.

Comment

Yes, I haven't had a chance to watch the videos yet, but the still from the clip shows Judith Reisman. Her accusations about Kinsey's paedophilia have been refuted, and her belief that teh gayz are out recruiting suggests she is not a credible source.

Comment

Judith Reisman's accusations about Kinsey are indeed quite astonishing, but those accusations are based on Kinsey's results, methodology and writings. You need to read them on your own, instead of relying on hatchet jobs on Reisman and guilt by association.

Here is the whitepaper Reisman presented as a faculty member of Haifa University at the annual World Congress of Sexology on the ethical violations and sexual abuse related to the work published by Kinsey, it's quite harrowing to say the least:

http://www.drjudithreisman.com/archives/5th%20World%20Congress%20of%20Sexology.pdf

In table 34, Ch. 5 of Sexual Behavior in the Human Male, Kinsey documented findings of his study of orgasms in young children, which were based on sexual experiments conducted on 317 toddlers and young children, aged 2 months to 14 years, which basically amounted to child molestations. Here is, in Kinsey's own words, his definition of "orgasm" (from Sexual Behavior in the Human Male pp160-161):

“Extreme tension with violent convulsions: …sudden heaving and jerking of the whole body… gasping… hands grasping, mouth distorted, sometimes with tongue protruding; whole body or parts of it spasmodically twitching…violent jerking of the penis…groaning, sobbing, or more violent cries, sometimes with an abundance of tears (especially among younger children)…. hysterical laughing, talking, sadistic or masochistic reactions… extreme trembling, collapse, loss of color, and sometimes fainting of subject…. some…suffer excruciating pain and may scream …if the penis is even touched….some…before the arrival of orgasm, will fight away from the partner and may make violent attempts to avoid climax although they derive definite pleasure from the situation.”

Kinsey's team would interpret and record as orgasm "collapse", "fainting", "loss of color", "violent cries, sometimes with an abundance of tears" as a reaction to the sexual stimuli they were subjecting children aged between 2 months and 14 years (involving penetration, aural and manual stimulation).

I don't think you have to be a Christian fundamentalist to be appalled, the guy belonged in jail, not in the pantheon of sociological luminaries where he's commonly placed. Kinsley has personally successfully lobbied through his research above to reduce the sentencing of pedophiles in the US. His work and persona have been very damaging to say the least.

Comment

We should doubt Kinsey's research because he was accused of having a political agenda, but we should take his accuser's research at face value despite knowing that she has a polticial agenda?

Alrighty then.

Comment

Lucia Lanigan wrote: I was just trying to think if there were any openly gay kids at my school, or kids who went on to be. The closest I've got is one guy a year above me who I only suspect to have been (camp delivery, went on to study fashion design, all his friends were female). He took an overdose on a field trip, and when the teacher informed the assembled group he'd taken 50 asprin the guitarist in my band pipes up, “That's one hell of a headache.” He never got bullied, though, perhaps partly cause he was friends with the hardest girl in the school, who was absolutely terrifying.
                The gay at my school was friends with the heavy metal girl.

Comment

I have no love for Kinsey*. But his data on sexuality have been re-run using proper statistical methodology, and the results weren't that different. So they shouldn't be dismissed entirely. As far as I understand, Kinsey's information on child sexuality came from an interview with one paedophile, whose observations make up the totality of the (much more sinister-sounding) "child experiments" that Reisman mentions. There's no doubt Kinsey shouldn't have published such information, but there's also no evidence he himself did anything really nasty to procure it.

*Kinsey certainly did abuse his power to get his fellow researchers to sleep with him, and to record them sleeping with each other. His politics were surprisingly reactionary too.

Comment

There was a kid at our school who was openly gay, so open that when he came out, it barely registered. He was so confident in his view of himself that when Culture Club first appeared on the scene, he started dressing like Boy George on mufti days, by the time he left in 1988, he was wearing dresses and skirts. He never got any shit from anyone, maybe because he was so bold about who he was?

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote:
                    Originally posted by TonTon
                    1 in 2 young people say they are not 100% heterosexual

At a bit of an angle - when we get these differences in political views among different age groups, it is said that "people get more right wing as they get older". Do we think people get more heterosexual as they get older?
                    I would have thought the opposite, certainly with middle aged people who had to suppress their true sexual preference because of the prevailing views on homosexuality at the time. We have a number of friends of both sexes who have either come out, or who have parents now in same-sex relationships, relatively late in life.

I have no figures or research to point to - it's purely an anecdotal statement.
                    I'll add to the anecdote, having only felt able to come out as bisexual last month at the age of 42. (I'm keeping this off Facebook and Twitter for now, ta, there are certain people who should hear it from me first hand, rather than find out through social media).

Comment

Better late than never!

(Glad you felt able to finally, hope it's been ok)

Comment

Good luck R.

Comment

Yay, David. I hope you have all the support you want from those around you. You certainly have mine!

Comment

Best wishes, David, be true to yourself.

Comment

I was at an all boys secondary school between 1971 and 1978 and the teasing over sexuality was pretty robust but not, perhaps, overtly malicious, as it was never regularly directed at particular individuals but more at anyone who said or did something that could be taken the wrong way. The class clown, whose party trick was to shove a variety of objects up his arse got a free pass on that, and it was only an unfortunate incident with a pepper pot that ended with him sitting in a bowl of cold water that brought an end to his displays.

Comment

Cheers. TT - it's been great so far. Everyone's been cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X