Lucky seven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky seven?

Here's a return to a familiar OTF theme. I've just been made redundant. Again. By my count this is the seventh time in what I can find no more accurate term for than "my career" - a phrase that is only accurate in the sense of careering wildly from one situation to another.

I need to shout out to any solicitor types on here in the Surrey/Berkshire/West of London sort of enclave because I've a document that needs a legal eye to interpret it before I sign my own warrant. Needs to be attended to before the end of the week.

Lucky seven?

Can't offer any practical help but very sorry to hear about this.

Comment

Lucky seven?

I'm pretty sanguine about it. The way things have been going with the company, this sort of thing has been on the cards (ha!) for a while. I've been laying the foundations of an escape plan.

Comment

Lucky seven?

Freelance Morris dancing?

Comment

Lucky seven?

Nothing less than consultancy rates for that.

Comment

Lucky seven?

I would offer advice but my knowledge of employment law is very sketchy these days. I'd recommend you see the CAB first and take it up with a local firm thereafter.

Comment

Lucky seven?

I understand, Eggy. Nevertheless, there'll be a PM on its way to you in a moment or two.

Comment

Lucky seven?

Well.

This little hiatus seems to be drawing to an end rather more rapidly than I'd feared: I've just had the offer of a very attractive little job. It seems to fit remarkably well with my experience and I'll have the huge luxury of being able to define a good deal of the details of the role myself. A little more money than my previous position, too. I must apologise to all of otf, though, because my new job title will include that term that rather tends to mark out the pariah on here - I'm going to be some manner of a "consultant".

Comment

Lucky seven?

Nothing to be ashamed of there. It's my career goal.

Comment

Lucky seven?

My career goal is getting paid to spout crap on here, or somewhere similar. Radio One breakfast DJ would do for me (and Chris Moyles probably gets paid more in a week than I earn in a year).

Comment

Lucky seven?

Consultant, eh? Interesting.

Ah, but congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                      X