That "what day is it?" moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got my daughters staying with me tonight, which normally means it's a Saturday night. But it's not it's Monday, because we're going away, as planned, on holiday tomorrow (Tuesday). So I've been off work today, and I've been watching the end of the Open today, which I'm still having to remind myself was NOT, actually, on a Sunday; but again, Monday.

So tomorrow I'm waking up thinking it's Sunday on the one hand and Monday on the other. And it's actually Tuesday.

So I'm now two days out of synch.

Anyone else recognize the disjoin with a "normal" weekly routine I'm describing here?

I don't have an office job (or much of any sort of job, really), so when the Argentine football season ends or enters a break, I often haven't a clue what day of the week it is.

Comment

The 'Ah, it's Sunday Morning, Shit, Wait, No It Isn't it's Monday Morning, Bollocks There Goes My Lie-In' moment still has the power to cause maximum disappointment.

Comment

Conversely, the 'Oh fuck I'm late for work oh no hang on it's Saturday that's alright then' moment still has the capacity to provide smug enjoyment.

Comment

I never know what day it is. I've given up trying to work it out as it doesn't really make much of a difference these days. Except Sundays. I need to know Sundays so I can make it to Morrisons before it closes at 4.

Comment

I am on school holiday and haven't quite sobered up yet since Friday so, as you can imagine, the days are bit mixed up.

Comment

When I was in Karachi, I used the anti-malarial medication to work out what day it was - it was packaged in similar fashion to the pill.

Comment

I take a cocktail of prescription meds morning and evening and still use the set of marked daily boxes* they gave me when I started on it all eleven years ago. So I always know what day it is from whichever of those I'm using.

*the ones meant for old folk.

Comment

Conversely, the 'Oh fuck I'm late for work oh no hang on it's Saturday that's alright then' moment still has the capacity to provide smug enjoyment.

And the 'Christ, I Wish Thursday Would Hurry Up And, No, Hold On, It's Friday Isn't It? Yes, Bloody Hell, It Is Friday!' moment takes the runner-up prize.

Comment

Working...
                  X