I, for one, salute our new Caledonian masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11737801/snp-to-vote-down-foxhunting-live.html

Sweepstake on Tubby's first contribution to this thread: 11:51 I reckon.

Comment

Ally ho!

Comment

"Tuesday is Emmeline Pankhurst Day, and whilst I am not going to throw myself in front of a horse to make my point about British democracy on this occasion, this is a vitally important constitutional matter and perhaps we should throw Sturgeon in front of a hunt horse as part of the commemorations."

-Paul Nuttall

Comment

Geoffrey de Ste. Croix wrote: "Tuesday is Emmeline Pankhurst Day, and whilst I am not going to throw myself in front of a horse to make my point about British democracy on this occasion, this is a vitally important constitutional matter and perhaps we should throw Sturgeon in front of a hunt horse as part of the commemorations."

-Paul Nuttall
          Oh come on. Everyone knows that was the American poet Emily Elizabeth Dickinson!

Comment

Why are the Huffington Post giving that xenophobic imbecile a platform? Are they so desperate for traffic that they're calling up any old clickbait moron?

Comment

Well, they need the money to pay their writers. Oh, hang on, they don't. Mostly.

Comment

I don't think there's a policy where the government are more out of touch with public opinion. Thank fuck the SNP are giving them a voice. Of course this will push the English parliament for English matters right to the top of the agenda, damned impudent Scots.

Comment

Well, isn't that why the Tories have only postponed the vote until the SNP can't vote on English matters?

Good for the SNP.

Comment

Are they so desperate for traffic that they're calling up any old clickbait moron?
                    Isn't that their entire business model?

Comment

I'm liking David Schneider's tweet on the subject:

Tories
                      May 2015: Don't vote Labour. The SNP will dictate government policy.
                      July 2015: *cancel fox-hunting vote because of SNP*

Comment

as far as I know, this isn't one of those situations that would be covered by English votes for english laws, because that only allows a veto on votes that the whole parliament approves of, and doesn't stop scottish mps shooting down something that they propose. (i.e. the snp can't introduce a ban on something, but they can stop the tories from lifting one)

Coming soon to a foodbank near you

Comment

Wasn't sure whether I should put this on here or the New Labour Leader thread.

Stirring maiden speech by the youngest Member of Parliament.

Comment

Ah, Labour getting trashed again by the SNP from the left, a sight to warm the cockles of Tubby's heart.

Do we think Harriet Harman just forgot that there are Scottish parliament elections in ten months time that Labour desperately needs to make a halfway respectable showing in?

Comment

She's fucking brilliant.

Stick that up your bollocks, Tory filth.

Comment

I'm sure Harriet Harman would say, of Scotland as of England, that "you can't argue with the public".

Black is brilliant though

Comment

I've delayed my entry to this thread in the way that Warwickshire delayed Alan Donald's entry to the attack in the 2000 C&G Cup Final. Unfortunately, it rained before he could win the game.

The SNP have played this brilliantly. Cameron now looks shifty trying to rush this in and will have to do it again when EVEL comes in, when he'll look even worse.

Third U turn already. Prime Ministerial.

Comment

If Black's representative of the coming generations of opposition, maybe all hope isn't lost after all...

Comment

Hear, hear

Such a shame that she can't run for President over here.

Comment

Isn't the deficit big enough already?

Comment

To use a more modern cricket analogy, Black and the SNP have come out playing ramp shots and scoops and flatbat sixes over extra cover while Labour are still Looking At The Data

Comment

Harman and Liz Kendall have looked at the data, apparently. It says what they thought it did before they looked.

Comment

Are the people who beat Sheila Gilmore and Anne Begg any good? They're being really missed at the moment.

Comment

Tubbs, I know the whole subject makes you verklempt, but the US deficit just recorded an eight year low and continues to shrink as a percentage of GDP.

Not to mention the fact that the President doesn't control the budget.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                  X