Bilbao - living there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilbao - living there

Hola! I will be working in Zalla (25km) west of Bilbao from September. Anybody on here live/lived in Bilbao?

If so, got any tips that might be of use re renting a flat, good areas to go for a drink, decent music venues, travel cards... anything really. Any information much appreciated!

Cheers.

P.S ooooh and somewhere with a dart board (not an electronic one which seems oddly popular in Spain)

Bilbao - living there

Not to diss the culinary options in Bilbao, but you should try to go to San Sebastian a few times.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Tie a visit in with the Clįsica Ciclista

Edit - except that's in August of course.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Kevchenko wrote: Tie a visit in with the Clįsica Ciclista

Edit - except that's in August of course.
        Can't wait for the cycling mate! Tour of the Basque country, the Vuelta is going there - the Clasica, should be quality.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

ursus arctos wrote: Not to diss the culinary options in Bilbao, but you should try to go to San Sebastian a few times.
          Nice one, that looks like a good point of reference. San Sebastian is on the agenda anyway #pintswithMoysey

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Possibly Rick Derris or Ant in Oviedo could give some insight? The latter rarely posts, however. Lodzubelieveit might know a thing or two as well, but he hasn't posted in over a year.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Talking of Lodz, I was reading an old Spanish football thread the other day, as you do, and his post count was on zero. How does that work? Did he delete all his posts? Anyway, hope he's OK.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

ursus arctos wrote: Not to diss the culinary options in Bilbao, but you should try to go to San Sebastian a few times.
                It's not on that list (and clearly its cuisine is not for every taste or budget!), but the hype that surrounds Arzak appeared to be justified when I went.

I realise this advice about food tourism in San Sebastian rather than living in Bilbao, so, er, apologies for that

Comment

Bilbao - living there

I'm afraid I've never been to Bilbao, so I don't have any personal recommendations. However, the people that I know of who have been there say it's a nice place.

Talking of Lodz...hope he's OK.
                  I'm OK, thanks, and I didn't delete old posts. I haven't felt like posting since September last year, but I have checked in for a read a few times, including this thread.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Just moving this back towards the top in case anyone else might have any info or advice.

I'll be working 12 hours a week in Zalla in case that helps.

Cheers to anyone who knows anything!

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Best of luck over there, Ingoldale.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Carnivorous Vulgaris wrote: Best of luck over there, Ingoldale.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Bilbao - living there

A mate of mine spends loads of time in Bilbao. Last season he flew to Bilbao to get the coach to Turin to watch the Europa League game. He then got the coach back to Bilbao, flew to Birmingham, to get the coach to Manchester to get the coach to an FC United away game. Then he went to work. Fucking hero, that lad.

Comment

Bilbao - living there

Enjoy your stay out there ingoldale

Comment

Working...
                            X