Forty Years Ago This Morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw and photographed the sun appearing at Stonehenge.

When's it expected to appear again?

Comment

Not necessarily today. It's all a bit to complicated for me to explain in my rather pissed state, but basically a lunar year is one and a quarter days long. Hence every four years we have a leap year to get back on track. A few years ago all the druids and hippy's turned up at Stonehenge on the morning of the 21st and found they had been locked out. Nobody round, nothing. This was racism, prejudice and volition of their rights, so they said. Unfortunately for them, the longest day of the year was the next day - i.e June 22 June - due to to the lunar year. As a spokesman for the National Trust said: "You would've thought they would have known". Wouldn't you? If you were a druid?

Comment

Paul S wrote: It's all a bit to complicated for me to explain in my rather pissed state, but basically a lunar year is one and a quarter days long.
        Yep. You meant solar or sidereal year and 365 1/4 days long, rather than 1 1/4 (where day = unit of 24 hours duration). Or 366.25 (give or take some rounding) revolutions of the Earth.

The lunar 'year' is better known as a month.

Was it a good night?

Comment

Yes, very enjoyable evening after a very good game of cricket.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: I saw and photographed the sun appearing at Stonehenge.
            Hippy.

Comment

Forty years ago? Probably.

Comment

Working...
              X