Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men, men, men, men, men

MEN. What a bunch of wankers we are.

Every single fucking time, it’s men. Men have an opinion about everything. It’s a derangedousness we have in the head. We must impose our opinion on bloody everything. Be it racism, biscuits, short skirts, lesbians, lip stick, we’re always there to stampede our self into it with our voice.

I read one of the articles in the biggest Swedish paper, about the Swedish women national side not done so well in the world cup. The comments below the article, all men. All of them have such a 100% take on it you’d think they were the next burning bush. Not one single woman has made a comment. About the women’s national football team.

I’m struggling between two.

Either women are much, much more clever, not as idiotic in the head as men are. They don’t feel the urge to share their mighty “smart” with the rest of the world.

Or we’re still living in that Neanderthal world where women simply don’t want to engage because they’re afraid they’ll be hounded off by a pack of men if they as much as not agree.

When I think about it, Internet is very much man-dominated. Men bully their way all over it.
    (MsD, you hold your own and can be as tough as a man sometimes but that’s the exception and I respect you for that immensely)

That’s why I hate some of the threads on OTF. The topic is black people. Bunch of white men word-shouting at one another after a while, competing who’s in the right. The topic is related to women’s right, bunch of men word-shouting at one another already at page two. Elbowing their self-proclaimed brain all over it and making the thread into the least place a woman would probably ever want to enter.

Anyway, again. I’ve been studying this for a while. Women sports on the Internet version of the paper. Men, men, men commenting. Men complaining, men having the solution, men knowing exactly everything. On the rare occasion a woman enters, she’s almost always brushed away like she doesn’t know what her own gender even is.

I don't feel ashamed. That would be moronic.

Men, men, men, men, men

You've never heard of Katie Hopkins. Or Vanessa Feltz. Britain is full of very successful female opinion-sharers.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

Oh look, it's a new instalment in the ongoing "PPV writes a post that purports to be concerned about gender equality while itself full of sexist generalisations" series.

I'm not playing this time.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

Bloody hell. I think it's time for a new very long break from this shit.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

Typical oversensitive man.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

Thanks for the compliment (!) PPV. I generally dislike battle-of-the-sexes stuff, and try not to get into sexist generalisations, but will confess to indulging in the odd moaning session about "men"; really it's specific to a type of behaviour often found in males, in our experience. As for the "opinions", this definitely struck a chord with me and many female friends:

[/URL]

(I try to avoid using memes, too).

The French and Saunders sketch about men commenting on women's appearance and (being crude about it) hits the spot, too. Maybe men should carry around a set of scorecards just in case they have a mouthful of food when a women is passing, or she is wearing headphones. We wouldn't want to miss their assessment of how we're looking today.

I will leave it there, not really up to a discussion on feminism atm. Being female, you're held back in so many ways, and men being boorish and sizing us up are just a small part of it.

As we've said before, there is a wealth of serious material on the web that you can easily find.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

MsD wrote: The French and Saunders sketch about men commenting on women's appearance and (being crude about it) hits the spot, too. Maybe men should carry around a set of scorecards just in case they have a mouthful of food when a women is passing, or she is wearing headphones. We wouldn't want to miss their assessment of how we're looking today.
              Yeah, the friends I went to the Austerity demo yesterday were mainly women, and they headed back on their own to get a different train from me. They had the pleasure of being sat by a group of men who were rating the arses of women who walked past out of ten, FFS.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

You've never heard of Katie Hopkins. Or Vanessa Feltz. Britain is full of very successful female opinion-sharers.
                The former is a professional troll. No more.

I'd not phrase it in quite the same way as Fussbudget, but I'm not really convinced by the OP, either.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

That’s why I hate some of the threads on OTF. The topic is black people. Bunch of white men word-shouting at one another after a while, competing who’s in the right. The topic is related to women’s right, bunch of men word-shouting at one another already at page two.
                  Well, given that the great majority on this discussion board are white men, it doesn't come as a massive shock that discussions here involve predominantly white men.

I think you'll find that these kind of discssions get loud only when somebody is making comments to which one can reasonably object. On the subjects you mention, there tends to be a broad consensus.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

Perhaps PPV was thinking of this thread, from almost a year ago...

http://www.wsc.co.uk/forum-index/39-world-cup-2014/942139-black-face-in-the-stadiums

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

http://www.robot-hugs.com/harassment/

Preaching to the choir here, but this does set out neatly how many men see public space as theirs, and women as needing to be under male control. Yes, it is this bad.

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

Yeah, some of those things are familiar from how I see men talk about women when women aren't around, especially on certain other football forums; "Yeah, I'd tap that", for example, always calling the woman "that".

Comment

Men, men, men, men, men

Today I've learnt the word femmetype

Well, I actually learnt a lot of new words:

They identify as genderqueer non-binary and use gender-neutral pronouns such as ‘they’ or ‘zie/zir’. Specifically, they identify as a non-binary genderqueer peoplequeer mentally ill non-monogamous kinky critical feminist robot.
                          Good luck putting that on a business card.

Comment

Working...
                          X