No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grooves from tools/weapons being sharpened.

Comment

A huge lava flow:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Which made a handy artist’s canvas. A pair of wallabies:

Comment

And an emu so big I could barely get it all in shot:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

Are the squiggly lines in the bark an insect, parasite, or naturally occurring patterning? Or something else entirely?

Comment

It'll be a scribbly gum - think it's some sort of larvae that cause the pattern.

Comment

Yes that’s it.

Comment

Hmmm. Never heard such a thing. I've so much still to learn.

Comment

I've been dicking around trying to make this photo for some time (think I posted one similar upthread.) This is the most satisfactory so far, probably because I used a small camera.

Comment

Lovely stuff Sits and AdeC.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                              I've been dicking around trying to make this photo for some time (think I posted one similar upthread.) This is the most satisfactory so far, probably because I used a small camera.

That’s great AdC but I’m trying to get my head around the angle, the reflection. It’s doing my head in!

Comment

There's no reflection. I'm just lying on the ground looking up. It's mostly her ears and chin.

Comment

This is some weird stuff that's been growing on all kinds of plants this year. It turns out to be an "ectoparasitic plant". I'd never noticed it before this year.

Last edited by San Bernardhinault; 30-06-2020, 20:27.

Comment

As documented elsewhere, went for a hike round the Ingleton waterfalls today, and passed the Money Tree, which must be worth a few bob in copper if anyone could helicopter it out of the gorge.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      There's no reflection. I'm just lying on the ground looking up. It's mostly her ears and chin.
                                      Ahhh suddenly it all makes sense.

Comment

Just before my daughter's socially distanced graduation ceremony

Comment

That looks great. Congratulations the hocs.

Comment

That's a "photo of our age" ad hoc - four months ago that would have been incomprehensible.

Comment

Here's one a bit later on

Comment

They turned all the chairs round!

Comment

Or, I took this picture from the opposite side. You decide.

Comment

My daughter is the one with the dyed hair. TBH the colours don't work, and it looks a bit rubbish, but as she was the only one out of about 80 kids with dyed hair, I was dead proud (well, obv I was dead proud anyway, but this added)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X