No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funnily enough the rabbits eating bananas question came up in my house recently, as my daughter wanted to know if you can feed rabbits bananas. My bunny-owning co-worker replied that you can but you really shouldn't, as they contain too much sugar. So there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
      Funnily enough the rabbits eating bananas question came up in my house recently, as my daughter wanted to know if you can feed rabbits bananas. My bunny-owning co-worker replied that you can but you really shouldn't, as they contain too much sugar. So there you go.
      That's my curiosity sated anyway.

Comment

Sign of the times - took this one on my morning bike ride.

Comment

Peter Rabbit paper dolls

Comment

Mr McGregor's garden via the medium of Duplo

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Have you ever seen a rabbit turn its nose up at a banana, so you can prove him wrong?
              When I worked in a children's indoor play centre last year there was a bunny rabbit kept in a big cage in the corner of the cafe, and she got a stomach upset if she ate too many carrots instead of salad leaves, so I imagine that bananas would definitely be too rich for them.

Comment

350 year-old lime tree in the grounds of Budatin Chateau near Zilina. It has its own plaque.

Comment

That’s incredible. I didn’t know citrus trees could live so long, or grow so large. Does it still produce fruit?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                      That’s incredible. I didn’t know citrus trees could live so long, or grow so large. Does it still produce fruit?
                      Linden rather than citrus?

Comment

That's a distinction I've never quite understood. Or to be more precise never bothered to find out. Which considering I live in a suburb called Lindfield is pretty shameful. But I thought linden and lime were interchangeable.

Comment

I think Linden is also known as European Lime.

Comment

They're not related (the Linden and the (citrus) lime).

This is a 500 year old Linden tree in the next village to mine which won the mysterious "European Tree of the Year" award a few years ago

https://www.treeoftheyear.org/Previo...eni?lang=en-US

Comment

In other Linden facts

My favourite tea to drink in Turkey if I don't feel like actual tea is ıhlamur (which is linden blossom)

The title of international hit Romanian pop song "Dragostea din tei" which you will remember as "that numa numa yay song" means "Love under the lime/linden tree"

Comment

Were you responsible for any of the 23,298 votes which helped win it first place?

the smell of lime/linden trees is one of the most glorious things about the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                  Were you responsible for any of the 23,298 votes which helped win it first place?
                                  I think I probably was. Though if I was, it will have been only one.

Comment

So much a part of Slovene identity that many wanted a linden leaf in the flag.

https://www.rtvslo.si/news-in-englis...-symbol/356123

There is also a small political party named Lipa (linden), while the leaf feature in the logo of the Social Democrats

Comment

Yes, apologies for confusion. My pic shows a linden or European lime, not a citrus lime.

Comment

Well it was only me who was confused, and I spent the first 34 years of my life in Europe. Well, it was Europe for 26 of them.

Comment

Comment

That’s nice. Clearly been lying there a while.

Comment

Ku Ring Gai Chase National Park this morning.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X