Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
    Amor de Cosmos it's a clothes dryer.
    Ah, right. Very spectral looking. I like it.

Comment

As I couldn't waste any time on OTF I decided to sit in my back garden:

Comment

The set project was making origami whales. Can you guess which is mine, which is my daughter's and which is my son's?

Comment

Found one more animal on the nature trail. Still two elude me.

Comment

Do GIFs work on here?

Comment

Yes but they take a while to load. Well mine did.

your whale is bottom left?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                Yes but they take a while to load. Well mine did.

your whale is bottom left?
                I couldn't get a gif to load but never mind.

Yes, mine is bottom left. My daughter's is the other whale. My son decided to make a fox instead.

Comment

Scooping for letters.

Comment

Felt mice.

Comment

Anyone know what type of beetle this is?

Comment

More park finds.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                          Anyone know what type of beetle this is?

It looks a bit like a Bronze Orange Bug (did for our old lemon tree), but I don’t know whether they live in the UK.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the alien from Balders's crashed spaceship that she's excavating. It's emerged from the pupa stage it was using to sleep during its long flight, and is now ready to start burrowing through peoples' ears and into their brains.

Comment

One of my friends from university used to say that watching me cooking was like watching someone working on an art project rather than watching a chef cooking food that was intended to be eaten. And it's sort of true. I don't taste the food as I go along, and I spend too much time cutting things neatly and arranging it. Exhibit A in support of this hypothesis is my children's breakfast, pancakes with Nutella, strawberries and raspberries.

Comment

It looks a bit like a Bronze Orange Bug (did for our old lemon tree), but I don’t know whether they live in the UK.
                                I think a better bet might be this common red soldier beetle: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comm...soldier_beetle

Which pleasingly has the alternative name of "Hogweed Bonking Beetle".

Comment

I’m hungry.

Comment

I’m hungry.
                                    For pancakes or beetles?

Comment

That’s for me to know and you to wonder!

Comment

Taken by my son when he and his GF were walking her dog the other day. Just down the road from where they live.

Comment

Cool! I only saw the one in the upper left, then noticed the others.

I went on a long bike ride this morning and took a shot of the refurbished 'Paul Bunyan' near the fair grounds.

For many years poor Paul has been lower armless.

I have seen this sincere arroyo message (can't really call it graffiti) for a few years now and finally took a photo.

Comment

Those are great Cal, a real life Thunder Road in the last?

That Paul Bunyan is a lot less scary, and steady on his feet, than Brainerd’s I’m Fargo.

Comment

Comment

A family of Florida sandhill cranes photographed by my wife yesterday. Father is on the right keeping lookout; mother on the left; juvenile in the middle, identified by lighter plumage and no red pigment around the eyes and forehead:

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-05-2020, 20:12.

Comment

Comment

List of rolls in neighbourhood bar. Pay particular attention to no. 52.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X