No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't that be cool? You'd have to be Amish to rock that these days.

Comment

Allright AdC, I love your b&w works - i'm now digging out my old black and white darkroom prints for scanning. Get ready for some 90's rural Alaska!

Comment

Walrus carcass - Unalakleet beach.

Comment

Spring ice - Norton Sound - Unalakleet, Alaska

Comment

Oh my God, this thread is blowing my mind now, from all of you.

I really must dig around for some average old snaps!

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Excellent CA! I always love seeing pictures of Arctic light. That and Saharan dunes offer some brilliant tonal opportunities.

BTW Did the walrus carcass reek? I've passed through a colony of live ones and the stench was unbelievable, I'd assume a dead one would be worse.

Comment

Very much reeked. We walked by it for a number of days (weeks?) to where I finally got out the FM2 and decided to take some snaps.

Get ready for more death.

Surprised that my all-in-one cheap HP printer/scanner is doing a decent job of reproduction.

Comment

The next three are all high school student shots from one of my work/study classes:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not as cool as AdC's sardines, but this was a very common sight during the fall about anywhere near rivers in Alaska.

For you salmon aficionados, this is a sliver (coho) salmon.

More later...
                          Last edited by Cal Alamein; 25-03-2020, 03:06.

Comment

Excellent stuff, CA.

Comment

Not sure how these will come out but they are from Sarlat-la-Canéda, Dordogne, taken during Italia ‘90:

Last edited by Sits; 25-03-2020, 10:02.

Comment

Last edited by Sits; 25-03-2020, 10:01.

Comment

For the record, those are blurry, not grainy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                    I like this.

Comment

Thanks! I’m in esteemed company these last few pages.

I’ve replaced them with versions saved on imgur which may be marginally clearer, if bigger.

Comment

Cool shots Sits!

Graveyard - Gambell, Alaska

Gambell sits on the end of St. Lawrence Island. There's no decent place to bury the dead so they bring caskets all over a nearby rocky hill. At the time I climbed up there one could see caskets w/ the top blown off and the remains of the bodies visible to all. It doesn't help that Gambell is one of the windiest villages in all of Alaska.

Graveyard - Golovin, Alaska

Golovin is a small village on the Seward Peninsula. The graveyard is not too far from the town. Graves are dug in the tundra.

Comment

One of my local closed down clothes shops today.

Comment

Comment

This morning's child entertainment activity (they drew round the shadows with pens).

Comment

The clothing store windows are so sad, but do reflect a commendable attitude. As the cliché goes, we'll see the best and worst in people over the coming weeks and months.

Comment

Lovely graves CA, and Balders the shadow drawing is a great idea. We had the same lion btw.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X