No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like broken up ice floes in the ocean from a very high elevation, but the shape (or cropping) makes it look like it's not from a satellite image, or through the window of a high altitude spy plane. So my guess is that it actually has to be something else, but I can't work out what.

Comment

We had a really pretty rainbow today. I got shots of both ends.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          That looks like broken up ice floes in the ocean from a very high elevation, but the shape (or cropping) makes it look like it's not from a satellite image, or through the window of a high altitude spy plane. So my guess is that it actually has to be something else, but I can't work out what.
          Fly-specks on our high window at midday.

Edit: I really need to wash them.

Nice rainbows FF. The moment we forget to stop what we're doing to look at them we're done for as a species.
          Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 16-04-2019, 00:30.

Comment

Thanks, AdC. Teddy wasn't impressed. I turned around to pick him up (after having my head buried in my computer all day) and had to ask him to hold on while I take some photos.

Comment

Actually ADeC, your picture reminded me of a reverse image monolith from 2001 - A Space Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                Actually ADeC, your picture reminded me of a reverse image monolith from 2001 - A Space Odyssey.
                Ooh, nice! I like that association.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I like that stairs photo, very bleak.

Comment

It's Hot Cross Friday, so here are some Good Buns.

Comment

Which one's the currant in? Oh, I see it.

(Sorry, I bet they're delicious.)

Comment

Quality sunset yesterday

Comment

Wow, that's gorgeous.

Comment

Absolutely stunning that UA.

Comment

Tonight's was even better

Comment

Wow, that's so good it almost makes you wonder if something terrible is happening to the climate. Oh.

Comment

UA, I was wondering if you got a shot of that. All I could see of it was the reflection in the windows on Tower 3, but I could tell it was another stunner.

Comment

My new (first) Granddaughter...

Comment

Congratulations!

She's gorgeous (and that's a great photo)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                            Congratulations!

She's gorgeous (and that's a great photo)
                                            This. Love the mohican.

Comment

That is the most awesome baby picture ever. Congrats, W1F!

Comment

Congratulations Willie.

Comment

Fantastic news, W1F. She looks absolutely lovely, if somewhat uncertain about what granddad's up to!

Comment

Have just stumbled across this thread...some wonderful pictures - ua those sunsets are wonderful. There was a suggestion that we were going to get a lot of dust from the Sahara last weekend, and as a result we might end up with equally lovely images here in London. I wonder if that has influenced the the light where you are...

In the meantime, I'm now going to spend some time trying to work out how to load pictures here - apparently it won't accept jpegs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X