No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s a lovely Peacock. We get mostly dull butterflies here, unless you go up to the tropics. Which clearly we’re not, currently.

Comment

We don't seem to get a great variety of butterflies either. Dragonflies OTOH... oh my!... I'll try and photograph a few.

Comment

According to Google these are cinnabar moth caterpillars.

Comment

Apparently these are tansy flowers, herbal and mildly toxic, which used to be made into tansy cake in the 16th century.

Comment

I rather enjoyed wikipedia-ing tansy, particularly the History of Uses section:

"During the Middle Ages and later, high doses were used to induce abortions. Contradictorily, tansy was also used to help women conceive and to prevent miscarriages. In the 15th century, Christians began serving tansy with Lenten meals to commemorate the bitter herbs eaten by the Israelites. Tansy was thought to have the added Lenten benefits of controlling flatulence brought on by days of eating fish and pulses and of preventing the intestinal worms believed to be caused by eating fish during Lent."

But also that it was a flavouring for puddings and omelettes, but is now almost unknown, except in Cork.

Comment

Sign o the times:

Comment

THAT IS A FULL BAG OF CHIPS FFS.

Comment

No it isn't, it's just a bag with some chips in it.
                  And a white line.

Comment

Comment

Dalkey island from Coliemore harbour. Bono lives about 10 minutes walk away.

Comment

So just out of sight is a giant prick?
                        Last edited by Gangster Octopus; 21-07-2020, 23:04.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                          Dalkey island from Coliemore harbour. Bono lives about 10 minutes walk away.
                          I assume the photo shows his walikng route?

Comment

Three ladybirds.

Comment

Baby frogs, we got'em.

Comment

Morning mist above Middle Harbour Creek on today’s walk (not far enough to warrant the Backpacks & Blisters thread.

Comment

That's an atmospheric photo. What sort of temperature was it at the time?

I have a couple of River Vah crossings from this morning's bike ride. First, the little car-ferry.

Comment

And a bridge that carries limestone on a conveyor belt from a quarry to a processing plant.

Comment

jameswba nice pics. There’s a little ferry like that at, er, Wisenan’s Ferry an hour and a bit north of us.

The temperature was probably around 13C for that misty photo.

Comment

Last night's walk along the shore by our village, watching the weather front coming in.

Comment

Comment

I really like that

Comment

No-one liked my froglet photo, you bastards. Bah.

Here’s a wet ladybird.

Comment

Very nice. And I’m not just saying that.

Actually the drops are really clear. I mean as in, in focus.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                                                  No-one liked my froglet photo, you bastards. Bah.

Here’s a wet ladybird.
                                                  It's OK, no one liked my feathers either — which I've just had printed four feet tall, they look magnificent so there! That's a nice ladybird, phone or camera? It looks like frost on the leaves which makes it particularly interesting.

Comment

iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X