No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.....the outside of the house was truly funky. There were wine bottles & wrought iron, buddhist prayer flags and other bits of art that made the hundreds of shoes nailed on a telephone pole just sorta fit perfectly in place.

Comment

Yeah, makes complete sense now!

Comment

Bear with me, I'm still farting around with my new lens. So the following are exposure/depth of field tests more than anything.

Comment

Comment

Comment

You shouldn’t apologise for those AdC, they’re wonderful. Is the flower a rose or a camellia?

Comment

Good lord those are crisp, superbly focused shots.

Comment

Yes, I'm not sure if there's much mundane about them. Certainly not compared to anything I could do.

Comment

Cheers all, but I've got to credit Mr Nikon. Lenses today are are way more responsive than they used to be. Back in the day I'd have needed a tripod and focus stacking to match the quality you can get today with a hand-held vibration resistant lens like the one I used for these.

Edit: Sits, it's a rose.

Comment

In a mundane thread / mundane photo thread crossover the first communion I attended today was at the church with the 500 year old Linden tree outside which is where most of us were (shade plus distancing)

Comment

Cool shots ad hoc - i would imagine that since the advent of photography that tree and church have been snapped a few hundred thousand times.

I'll throw in a couple of odd (not so mundane) shots from my bike ride.

Brontosaurus type dinosaur outside a storage locker space.

Not sure of pollo fixation for Elias Law Firm. (hard to forget their number though)

Comment

My guess for Elias is that they will argue your case with the ferocity of a trained fighting cock

Comment

I like it!

FWIW, after I took the shot a pickup drove by w/ a beat-up, ramshackle trailer of pissed off goats.

And let me add one of Elias' logos:

Last edited by Cal Alamein; 12-07-2020, 22:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                              Cool shots ad hoc - i would imagine that since the advent of photography that tree and church have been snapped a few hundred thousand times.

I'll throw in a couple of odd (not so mundane) shots from my bike ride.

Brontosaurus type dinosaur outside a storage locker space.

Not sure of pollo fixation for Elias Law Firm. (hard to forget their number though)

They'd do well in China. 8 is seen as the luckiest number. It's pronounced as "ba" and any company that does a radio advert is competing to have as many number eights as possible in their phone number. As a foreigner listening to the radio in taxis, some of the first words you can pick out are the phone numbers being repeated "ba, ba, ba, qi, ba, ba, ba".

Comment

The things you learn on this board - thanks Balders!

This billboard is fairly popular around Albuquerque.

Comment

A fact that became widely known to football supporters through shirt sponsorship

Last edited by ursus arctos; 12-07-2020, 23:45.

Comment

Comment

Hernia scar?

Comment

La Signora's first guess was a blonde vagina. Both are wildly inaccurate, but the image has very little to do with the subject in any case — it's a feather.

Comment

OK, well you've now got your next two subject suggestions.

Comment

I would have said lily.

It doesn't strike me as corporeal at all.

Comment

No, that's why I like it. For me it's the most satisfactory photo I've made in some time. I'm really happy with it. I'd like to make a large print, maybe four feet tall, but I'll need to play with it a bit first. If I boost the blacks it becomes more turbulent looking, which is OK, but I really like the softness of the colours as as they are so I'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                I would have said lily.

It doesn't strike me as corporeal at all.

No, it wouldn't Ursus, as your mind is pure and unsullied.

However, for those with an earthier disposition, such as myself and, frankly, Signora de Cosmos, the image suggests naked flesh, almost certainly corrupted in ways which I'd rather you remained unaware of.

Comment

Comment

Bit fuzzy but I've been trying to snap some of our lovely local butterflies for weeks and this is the first time I managed to get my phone out before it flew away. Caught it on our front garden lavender on the way back from the park. Is this a peacock butterfly?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X