No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who were following the saga of the upside down traffic cone / archaeology project / crashed alien space ship, someone obviously decided it was a health hazard and has completely filled in the hole again. Or the aliens did it, whichever you prefer. I know it hasn't been removed because the orange tip is still peeking out. I couldn't take a photo of it when I last went past as I was talking on the phone.

Comment

"Health hazard," pah! Something's going on and WE NEED TO BE TOLD!

Comment

Evening sky

Comment

Daughter's drawing of a wombat.

image widget

Comment

Comment

Comment

Went to the military cemetery on Point Loma
                this evening...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oooo, lovely Amanita muscaria. Save a piece for me!

Comment

Thanks Amor. We were always taught these were the really dangerous ones and your post prompted me to look at the Wiki:

Although classified as poisonous, reports of human deaths resulting from A. muscaria ingestion are extremely rare. After parboiling twice with water draining—which weakens its toxicity and breaks down the mushroom's psychoactive substances—it is eaten in parts of Europe, Asia, and North America. All Amanita muscaria varieties, but in particular A. muscaria var. muscaria, are noted for their hallucinogenic properties, with the main psychoactive constituents being the neurotoxins ibotenic acid and muscimol. A local variety of the mushroom was used as an intoxicant and entheogen by the indigenous peoples of Siberia and bythe S?mi, and has a religious significance in these cultures. There has been much speculation on possible traditional use of this mushroom as an intoxicant in other places such as the Middle East, Eurasia, North America, and Scandinavia.

Comment

Yeah we used to boil them — only once though. Last time was before a Dylan concert, the Desire tour. I don't think I took my eyes off Scarlet Rivera the whole time. Her hair and violin were doing amazing things together.

Comment

Nice shot Sits - it really shows some serious texture.

Zoomed-in iPhone shot of a skittish roadrunner.

Comment

Meep meep

Comment

Home-made sports day medals.

Comment

A shower had passed through shortly before today’s dog walk so I snapped a few pics.

Comment

Peter Rabbit vegetable still life (my son insisted that rabbits also eat bananas)

Comment

Nature bunnies.

Comment

Those nature bunnies are great.

Comment

Thanks. I liked it because it involved minimal adult set-up. Just draw the nose, mouth and eyes, show children a picture of the intended result and release them into the weed strewn back garden!

Comment

Mrs. S made ginger biscuits. As good as they look.

Comment

I want one.

Comment

Wish I could oblige.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                                    Peter Rabbit vegetable still life (my son insisted that rabbits also eat bananas)

Have you ever seen a rabbit turn its nose up at a banana, so you can prove him wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X