Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

What are you doing with the pennies, Balders?

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        What are you doing with the pennies, Balders?
        We were investigating which household product cleaned them better.

Then my children buried them in the back lawn so they could dig them back up again. Some will be lost forever.

Comment

Enjoying this thread immensely right now.

Comment

Everybody's doin' it. It's that time of year:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Excellent stuff AdC, I won’t say “lovely” flies but the photo is great. So the second is another angle on the Marmite bottle, but I’m flummoxed by the last one.

Comment

I'm just playing around with small objects behind, or within coloured glass bottles.The amber one is a tiny Chinese chess piece, the aqua one a teddy bear's face.

Comment

Easter egg jigsaws, a triptych:

Comment

Comment

Comment

Who needs Wimbledon?

Comment

Who cares that all the children's farms are closed? We'll make our own at home.

Comment

Your kids will remember this for the rest of their lives.

Comment

A 'bridge', constructed by my son, age 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                    Your kids will remember this for the rest of their lives.
                                    I hope they will remember it fondly. As a time of fun and adventure instead of restrictions and isolation.

Comment

I think so. I have a fond memory of my brother and me sleeping over with some friends of the family who my brother and I didn’t really know that well. But the parents and kids were nice to us and we had a great time. It’s only recently I realised that must have been when my parents’ marriage was breaking up and Mum was preparing to move us all in with our stepdad.

Comment

This morning’s dawn. Taken through the 80-year-old glass of an upstairs window so there may be a ripple here or there.

Comment

I hope they will remember it fondly. As a time of fun and adventure instead of restrictions and isolation.

Yeah. Most accounts of childrens' lives during WW2, for example, remember it as a time of excitement and discovery rather than fear and death. The one below is an excellent example. Your kids may recall it as a brilliant period when Mum and Dad spent every day at home playing games with them.
                                          The Boys And The Butterflies A Wartime Rural Childhood book. Read reviews from world’s largest community for readers.

Comment

Photo of my wife's great-grandfather with one of his grandsons in rural Ireland (possibly Kildare, maybe Cork) in the late-1920s or possibly early-1930s:

Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 10-04-2020, 23:40.

Comment

That's a beautiful photo NS. Really excellent.

Has it been colourized? It's a really early colour photo otherwise, still wonderful in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                That's a beautiful photo NS. Really excellent.

Has it been colourized? It's a really early colour photo otherwise, still wonderful in any case.

Thanks, Amor.

I assumed so but I don't know for certain. I'll ask my lad if knows the answer but I don't really expect him to.

Comment

Just noticed the hobnails on the old guy's boots. I bet if he hit the ball's sweet spot he could reach the cottage with those!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Thanks, Amor.

I assumed so but I don't know for certain. I'll ask my lad if knows the answer but I don't really expect him to.

Ah. Apparently, the genealogy website that my son got the photo from has colourisation functionality which he then used on the black & white original.

The location could also be Roscommon, I'm informed.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X