No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad's family. Dad is the one in the center of the photo. My grandmother looks annoyed. This would have been in the late 1940s.

Comment

She looks to have had a lot of experience

Comment

Oh yes. I've heard the stories.

Comment

My father in his Errol Flynn phase:

Comment

The Eastwood avatar makes more sense now

Comment

I have no digitised photos of my childhood or extended family, but am planning to remedy that in the next year, having acquired some necessary equipment.

Once that has been done, I will finally be able to do more than comment on these threads.

Comment

Ursus, you will be glad.

My brother is a seriously talented artist and about 15 yrs ago took on reels and reels of my folks slides and culled the best to scan. He then 'cleaned' them up w/ photoshop. As a result we have a fantastic collection of our family life from my parents pre-kids years all the way up to when were around 12/13.

A final shot of the old man. Would have been on a North Sea drilling rig around 1972/73. Have no idea why he's reading "Up the Organization" - guessing my dad just picked it up so as not to look in the camera. Have no idea who's the photographer and have no idea where it came from. I found this print last year in my mom's stuff and she could not remember anything about it. At the time my dad was working offshore two weeks and one week on. He totally loved his work as an engineer and I love the casual expression on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

TBH, I was wondering if it was the same three people in both photos.
                  Interesting but I think the hands on the lady say it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

Interesting but I think the hands on the lady say it isn't.

Good spot.

Comment

Europoort, Rotterdam March 1981:

Comment

And around the same time. It says something about the FIAT X1-9 that these joyriders managed to get it some considerable distance into the depths of Maidenhead Thicket. None of these old pics are super sharp as I’m actually photographing the prints, scanning facilities not currently being available. Hence also some glare here.

Comment

Comment

I miss Concord.

Comment

I only saw it once, going over Craven cottage during Fulham v Hartlepool, sometime in the 90s

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                I only saw it once, going over Craven cottage during Fulham v Hartlepool, sometime in the 90s

I'm guessing that you heard it first.

Comment

I used to work on the outskirts of Slough, and had a perfect view of Windsor Castle. At eleven o'clock every morning, Concord would fly over it.

Comment

It's concorde.

Anyway, saw it many times over the Wiltshire skies while Brian Trubshaw and co were test-flying it.

Comment

It used to fly over the Oval during the afternoon session of a test match. I now think that it was a subconscious trigger for me to go to get beers before the rush at Tea.

My dad, the lucky bastard, got to go on an earlyish test flight to Gander and back. I, sadly, never got on the thing.

Comment

We've done this before, but I did a couple of trips on the Air France Concorde between CDG and JFK.

It was rather cramped for an all business cabin and got quite warm (the windows were hot to the touch at peak speed).

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                          It's concorde.

Anyway, saw it many times over the Wiltshire skies while Brian Trubshaw and co were test-flying it.
                                          Of course, to see your pedantic point and raise it, in France they called it Concord.

Comment

Touché!

Comment

My daughter is growing a sunflower. The first thing she does ever morning is check its progress.

Comment

Today's art activity.

Comment

A friendly cat.

Comment

Cowslip flowers in my daughter's hair.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X